Proof and the obtaining thereof

Putkisen setä

I've gathered quite a pile of unsolds for my price suggestion but I don't know how to find actual solds at below the current price. I have plenty of my own oldish sales but needless to say, that'd fall pretty flat in several ways. How do people do it? I assume there's some way you can search closed trades on Outpost or something.

• Administrators

I've gathered quite a pile of unsolds for my price suggestion but I don't know how to find actual solds at below the current price. I have plenty of my own oldish sales but needless to say, that'd fall pretty flat in several ways. How do people do it? I assume there's some way you can search closed trades on Outpost or something.

Solds are needed when raising a price of an item or creating one. Also, solds are always required on unusual hats/miscs. Depends on what you are suggesting, you don't need to name the item, just say whether you are pricing an unusual or not?

If unusuals, mainly going through Outpost history and checking previous trades and using the BP.TF previous backpack history system comparison tactic both work best. 

If normal items, trade.tf all the way. (If they're normal items, you only need solds if raising the price of an item).

How to search for closed/sold trades:

Currently Outpost doesn't allow for the searching of closed trades. Bookmarking links which you are tracking and returning to them later can be a good way of finding solds.

Trade.tf's all listing's search feature. Avoid using the good deal's section in searching for sold proof. (Refer to improving suggestions for more info)

Looking at the previously accepted suggestion the unsolds then may be now sold. Be aware of outdated proof which do not reflect current prices.

Following histories of items. Although this is more leaning towards rare/collectable items which is beyond the scope of this guide, you can track completed item sales by looking up closed trades of the previous owners.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/3203-guide-making-good-suggestions/

Alright, Trade.tf was fairly useful. Thanks guys. Here's hoping the evidence I presented was enough. The first time I tried to make a suggestion, it was deemed inadequate. Embarrassing.

I hope the image links don't die from traffic. Better hold onto these screenshots for now.

Archived