Key discussion points on the fortconomy

Shy Ronnie FYPM Vintage

I know we are all sick of the discussion on key values but I have a couple of items that may have been discussed but I have yet to see them.  I apologize if these things have been stated already and I missed it.

1.  Does anyone ever compare the key:metal ratio and its effect on the values?  It seems like this would be a very important non-biased way to gauge not only demand day to day but also supply.

2.  TF2WH.com recently changed the value of what they accept keys at. Currently keys are bought at (13,440 Credits) and refined is bought at (2,845 credits).  Keys are sold at (14,000 credits) and refined is sold at (3,200 credits).  In recent weeks they have gone from 0 keys in stock to almost 10,000. So this is 4.37-4.72 refined respectively (I don't math well so feel free to correct me).  I mention this only because 10,000 keys is a significant force in the fortconomy.

I feel like there is something to both of these items and their positive and/or negative effects on values, but I want to put it up for discussion to see what brains smarter than mine see from this.

The overall key:metal ratio is irrelevent. Not every key in existence will be traded for metal, not all metal in existence will be traded for keys. The only thing that matters in terms of key:metal value is how many keys are available to be traded for metal and how much metal is available to be traded for keys at any one time, and that's not something that can be easily tracked.

Tf2wh is stuck in a perpetual overstock of refined. Because you can't fluidly put in refined to take out keys, the exchange there is meaningless.

The overall key:metal ratio is irrelevent. Not every key in existence will be traded for metal, not all metal in existence will be traded for keys. The only thing that matters in terms of key:metal value is how many keys are available to be traded for metal and how much metal is available to be traded for keys at any one time, and that's not something that can be easily tracked.

Tf2wh is stuck in a perpetual overstock of refined. Because you can't fluidly put in refined to take out keys, the exchange there is meaningless.

I still don't get y wh doesn't sell its ref/keys to the shop (or smth similar of their own). There's no reason y they should b overstocked on a currency.

Archived