Have you every been chargebacked?

ThePug

Just curious. I've never been chargebacked yet (haven't been cash trading for even a month yet though). Also if you have, how much was lost in the proccess?

I've been paranoid about getting chargebacked lately :unsure:

Just curious. I've never been chargebacked yet (haven't been cash trading for even a month yet though). Also if you have, how much was lost in the proccess?

I've been paranoid about getting chargebacked lately :unsure:

I've been charged back once for $30 out of hundreds of pp transactions amounting to tens of thousands of dollars. 

As long as you're careful you'll be fine. 

Yes, once out of about 40 cash transactions. Lost 40 keys. 

I knew better too, but this was during the time of SourceOP forums being down for whatever douchy reason. 

Top Rules to Follow

1. Check Outpost Trade History - If they have no trades on Outpost, probably scamming. 

2. Check Steam Level and Game Hours - If they have a new account or few hours; higher chance of scamming. 

3. Check/verify the email address used with PayPal - If it looks strange or has a strange name or isn't verified; higher chance of scamming. 

4. If they are short or brief in chat or can't even put together complete sentences its usually a yellow to red flag. 

5. If they are in a rush or want to get a deal done or pay way more than your asking price, its too good to be true. 

Follow those rules and you'll be fine 99% of the time. 

Yes, once out of about 40 cash transactions. Lost 40 keys. 

I knew better too, but this was during the time of SourceOP forums being down for whatever douchy reason. 

Top Rules to Follow

1. Check Outpost Trade History - If they have no trades on Outpost, probably scamming. 

2. Check Steam Level and Game Hours - If they have a new account or few hours; higher chance of scamming. 

3. Check/verify the email address used with PayPal - If it looks strange or has a strange name or isn't verified; higher chance of scamming. 

4. If they are short or brief in chat or can't even put together complete sentences its usually a yellow to red flag. 

5. If they are in a rush or want to get a deal done or pay way more than your asking price, its too good to be true. 

Follow those rules and you'll be fine 99% of the time. 

I did step 1 - legit

then i did step 2 - 2400 hours

then i did step 3 - legit

step 4 - definitely speaks english well

step 5 - even argued with me over the price, when i finally agreed to go first since i didnt have a good enough sourceop thread - scammed...bye bye money

can't always be right :/

I did step 1 - legit

step 5 - even argued with me over the price, when i finally agreed to go first since i didnt have a good enough sourceop thread - scammed...bye bye money

You, sir, are the 1%.

I did step 1 - legit

Could be an impostor. I've had a few of them try to scam me.

Basically they mimic some reputable traders account and profile.

Dead giveaway is that they link the traders rep to you almost straight away, sometimes without you even asking for it. 

Dead giveaway is that they link the traders rep to you almost straight away, sometimes without you even asking for it. 

+1 This. You did everything right, but unfortunately either you had the scenario Grimes mentioned which is actually quite frequent (always click the links to their profile given then circle back to their profile also from the steam chat window to verify both are the same) or you are just really really unlucky. 

we have imposters and then we have this guy http://backpack.tf/u/76561198081745986

Isnt there a way to avoid charge backs? I heard of stuff like including a note in a gift, or using bitcoins as an alternative

Isnt there a way to avoid charge backs? I heard of stuff like including a note in a gift, or using bitcoins as an alternative

Moneypack cannot be charged back from what I've heard. Including a note doesn't mean anything; they can still chargeback regardless.

Archived