Well me and my friend got scammed

TronJon

My friend's unusual (who gave me it) was scammed today.

I was added by a user named Robocap, he said he wanted to buy my unusual for pure, and he said to give it to my friend that I trust. I gave it to my friend who gave it to me, and he said that he traded with a impersonator when giving it back. This impersonator was not the same user as Robocap, and my friend said he only accepted a friend request from Robocap. The impersonator was using my name and profile pic.

Sad thing is I can't even report these 2 because of us forgetting to take photos of chat log :(

http://imgur.com/CF7ONi0 < Impersonator using my name

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/20243822#latest < My outpost trade

http://imgur.com/CgzbAYn < My friends trade history (Offline's name at the time was JAWNTRAWN)

profiles/76561198122159429 < Impersonator id

profiles/76561198125337751 < Robocap's id

My name on steam right now and during the scam was JAWNTRAWN, and my picture was jontron with echs

I indulged one of these scammers before, just to see how it would work. Its actually quite incredible. I told them to add one of my friends, and they did. I then got a trade request from someone who looked exactly like that friend. I dont even understand how they do this, but whatever it is its mighty clever. If I werent intelligent enough to know that people being willing to buy my unusual for pure is too good to be true, I might just fall for this. If I were a retard.

GG mate, you're not getting that hat back. Theres nothing you can do kiddo. That hat is already in some random account owned by the scammer and is being quicksold for pure so they can take your money. You fucked up.

I am sorry that happened, the best thing you can do though is just go make a report on Steamrep. Don't come here to complain about it. Best of luck to you.

When are you guys ever going to learn. Their are literally countless threads about this and the way they are trying to pull this scam. It's your own fault for not reading and being informed. 

When are you guys ever going to learn. Their are literally countless threads about this and the way they are trying to pull this scam. It's your own fault for not reading and being informed. 

You dont even need to be informed it's literally one of the most stupid "scams" ever, any trader with a slight common sense would be like why the hell would they want me to trade my hat for security? If you're selling something for pure and it isnt worth a lot you dont middleman...

Sorry dude, you fell for the lamest trick in the book, and unfortunately even if you had chat logs you wont be able to report it, steam is essentially, your items your responsibility. Steamrep might take a look at it in 6 months time tho...

Archived