Death of the Console?

DiamondHavoc.

• Administrators

>Great Below. 

Posts actually count there, its just that it takes 500 gb posts to increment your post count by 1. 

Really? I didn't know that.  :ph34r:

• Administrators

I highly doubt they will die anytime in the next few centuries.

Technologies like this won't die out easily. They will most likely be here for the next few hundred years.

They will advance as the time progresses. :P

Our phones are like consoles already, it won't take long that phones will as or more powerful than the current gen consoles.

I can see consoles dying soon, sadly.

Personally, im a bit busy in high school + college visits + college work + etc. So, I keep my trusty ol laptop around for low end games and some MOBAs. My 360 I use for anything my laptop doesnt play. Maybe once I get a job and free time Ill build one. 

Personally, I believe that consoles arent dying, and that Xbox or Playstation or Nintendo or whoever the fuck will just keep pumping em out,  people will buy em. I find that consoles are REAL convenient for get-togethers, and that PC is good for Upgradeability and performance. The two species are completely different, no joke about it. Side note: Microsoft listened to the outrage from their fans and fixed their DRM and other issues, who says that the next "outrage" wont further revolutionize consoles? They may even become customizeable one day. (Not counting Steam Machines).

The reason alot of PC gaming nerds think consoles are dying is because they just dont like it. Who know who I'm talking about, the people who, if you even mention consoles, will go on a 10 minute tirade on your "inferior" system and how PC is "master race". Really puts the PC community in a bad light if you ask me, we aren't all idiots, especially this site. One of my friends is like this, and just will never shut the fuck up about his "new computer". He's a cool guy, he just never shuts the fuck up.

Side note: A nice lack of shitposting on this thread. I like it.

On the other hand, what about pocket consoles (Nintendo, PSP, ...)?

Those have suffered major hit from smartphones.

Have they really ?

The 3ds is a HUGE success. I'm sure people who play on their phones only would have never even bought the handheld console in the first place. 

there are some games that are a lot better on console, for a example watch dogs. Crappy on the pc but better on the console, it could be something that gets changed eventually but it'll take a while

also games get released on console faster than pc, for example gta v

I tend to use my consoles more than my PC for gaming as sitting back on a couch looking at a 50" TV feels better than being hunched up at my desk with my 17" laptop..

Have they really ?

The 3ds is a HUGE success. I'm sure people who play on their phones only would have never even bought the handheld console in the first place.

The only thing I find ironic about the 3DS is that the 3D function is, from what I've heard, the least used function. I myself don't use it very often as it both gets annoying after a while and drains the battery much quicker.

Otherwise, it is an amazing handheld.

I think the main reason consoles are still alive are:

1. Get early games

2. Dont get crappy ports

3. Sociliaze

The 3rd reason takes the cake. I would much rather be in a room with another 3 of my friends playing together rather than in a room by myself playing with 20 other friends online.

3. Sociliaze

The 3rd reason takes the cake. I would much rather be in a room with another 3 of my friends playing together rather than in a room by myself playing with 20 other friends online.

Which is why split screen really should be an option on computers...

Which is why split screen really should be an option on computers...

U can if you have 2 monitors :P

U can if you have 2 monitors  :P

Not unless you plan on running a sandbox and a secondary account....You still can't play borderlands or CoD or battlefield (although the latter can't be done on consoles either) in split screen. 

Lmao Steam machines aren't consoles you can take them apart and upgrade them, I don't see any console you can do that with

Lmao Steam machines aren't consoles you can take them apart and upgrade them, I don't see any console you can do that with

Considering the target audience of the steam machine is console users, I think its more of a console than a pc.

The console audience isn't going to die out for a long time considering how many people play on a console per day.

pcs are a lot of money

also they have a nicer fps, resolution

You can get a console-competitive pc for the same price or less. 

• 1 month later...

Xbox Controllers work great on PC's & Macs just install the drivers. (LOL Gaming on a Mac)

You can install Better DS3 (Fuck DS3 Tool) so you can use your Dual Shock 3 Controller on PC (OS X work with it native)

So... yeah, you might want to edit your "Controller" face out.

Considering the target audience of the steam machine is console users, I think its more of a console than a pc.

It is a linux os.you cant compare that to either pc's nor consoles.it is a computer.

Archived