[PSA] Fractional Key Prices; .2 = 1 ref

cleverpun

The admins all agreed that with the new key prices, .25 keys no longer equals 1 ref, .2 does.

If you see any outdated prices feel free to update them, but do not forget to provide proof. Just like price bumping unusuals, suggestions based on currency shifts still require evidence to back them up.

--The Management

I love how people actually get confused by these prices...because multiplication is really hard. 1.25*5=6.25, so 6.22-6.33. "Well that was easy"--Staples. 

"The Management"

wat.

Derogatory term for mods?

It's a reference to The Boondocks. This is why I don't make attempts to be funny

I think ur funny.

Do I get suckup points?

I can give out warning points. Those are kinda the same thing...right?

I can give out warning points. Those are kinda the same thing...right?

I wouldn't mind getting some more. Only have 3 of them. cleverpun smells like bananas

• 1 month later...

So i'm currently getting into a bit of a debate over this topic with another user in my Black Paint price suggestion. He is claiming 2 keys 3 ref sales don't count as proof toward 2.6 keys even though that would be the appropriate math according to this thread and only >0.05 of a key different. Also, I have been basing my Classified ads on the .2 = 1ref principle to show people the price while I also try to clarify in the notes. Personally i see no reason to change this rounding rule you've applied here until keys are >5.66 at least considering that is where it will be more than 1 scrap difference.

Please inform us of the Current opinion of the "management"

So i'm currently getting into a bit of a debate over this topic with another user in my Black Paint price suggestion. He is claiming 2 keys 3 ref sales don't count as proof toward 2.6 keys even though that would be the appropriate math according to this thread and only >0.05 of a key different. Also, I have been basing my Classified ads on the .2 = 1ref principle to show people the price while I also try to clarify in the notes. Personally i see no reason to change this rounding rule you've applied here until keys are >5.66 at least considering that is where it will be more than 1 scrap difference.

Please inform us of the Current opinion of the "management"

.2 keys is fine as being equal to 1 refined. We kept .25 keys as 1 refined up until keys were already listed at 5 refined before we started making the transition. As indicated by the fact that this thread was started on April 28th when keys were priced at 4.66-5 refined

I agree thank you Baloo. I was kind of figuring that was the case but I wanted clarity on the issue. The suggestion passed anyway ;)

So what is a ref when 6 ref is a key? 0.17?

7 will never be done as the Great Brad Pitt will never let keys go beyond 6

This is a pricing guide, not a government. Until the community starts filing taxes to backpack.tf, there's very little Brad can do to provide sway in the on-going increase of keys.

Once it hits 6 ref per key then 2 ref = .33 of a key and 1 ref = .17 ish so that's likely how the suggestions will look.

After discussing it with the mods we have decided that keeping round, easy-to-calculate numbers trumps exact mathematical accuracy.

the .2 rule stands until further notice

I believe Brad was mostly basing that on paypal ref prices and other factors, not setting hard limits. Ask him

A relevant question:

If I am selling an item for 1.5 keys, 1 key 2.66 ref is what people assume. However, if I put 1.6, people assume 1 key 3 ref.

0.1 keys is closer to 0.55 than 0.44 let alone 0.33

so now what?

can I list a 1 key 3 ref thing at 1.59 keys or whatnot?

A relevant question:

If I am selling an item for 1.5 keys, 1 key 2.66 ref is what people assume. However, if I put 1.6, people assume 1 key 3 ref.

0.1 keys is closer to 0.55 than 0.44 let alone 0.33

so now what?

can I list a 1 key 3 ref thing at 1.59 keys or whatnot?

Use the "notes" section

• 2 weeks later...

Suggestions are still being accepted and made with quarters? Is this rule still in play? Or did it go out the window?

Suggestions are still being accepted and made with quarters? Is this rule still in play? Or did it go out the window?

because people think of 5.33

0.25 is 1.33

0.5 is 2.66

0.75 is 4

Archived