free rep unusual suggestions

Back in Black

today I was about to check my bp when I saw http://backpack.tf/vote/id/538f11f74cd7b82c188b464c this suggestion

well it looks pretty fine with proof and everything but price seemed somehow really low for me

so I looked at the suggestion somehow closer and it got only 2 sales. according to rules it s fine (and my comment got downvoted) but when you look at it on outpost (what I did) you see no one would really sell it for 2,4 buds as b/o s are 4 pure at least

well b/ os are b/o s but whatever I ve checked offers and 3 pure offer is getting rejected, same goes for 3,5 and also like 3-4 bud offers in unusuals, furthermore there are lots of miami kabutos on market

what s my point is that people just make rep suggestions based on 2 sales and I can tell you with 10 copies of hat on outpost it is no way enough. there must have been many more sales and from 20 sales you can pick 2 to make any value from 2 to 6 buds if you d like to. then how those suggestions are accepted guys? people get 100% so mods accept it and everything is fine apart from we get wrong value on page lots of people rely on. if you look at my suggestions (I m not telling I m top suggester but I ve been doing it properly all the time) you see when I suggest on my own hat trying to raise its value (no matter whether I have 20 sales matching my range) I get only like 70% of votes

to sum up I think you cant really rely either on shown proof or people votes as this people dont bother to check anything and lots of stupid suggestions pass every day, and what people dont understand is rep on this site (no offense) is usually meaningless unless you waste enough time on repwhoring. therefore I would be really happy if you didnt check only if suggester provided two sales that are valid and requested but whether value for hat is right and maybe some rule saying you need lets say at least as much sales as is half of number of certain hat on outpost to make it appropriate.

TL:DR please dont let this site become tottally a repwhore meaningless stuff people rely on

If ve managed to get here I m sorry if I offended you, sorry for no CAPS or grammar in total and hope I ll get some response worth time I spent typing it 

Unnecessarily long paragraphs.

Doesn't make his point.

His suggestion is fine, even has a support proof of a max head sale.

Away with you.

Unnecessarily long paragraphs.

Doesn't make his point.

His suggestion is fine, even has a support proof of a max head sale.

Away with you.

well max head is 3 buds which is higher than his high end, not by much but it s not a support but sale proving he didnt look at it properly

There are things known as outliers.

Bp.tf uses sales within 2 months to price according to the most recent sales. If there have been more than 2 in the last 2 months and are being bought by collectors to tend to pay high, its an outlier .. Otherwise one can countervote that suggestion with more than 2 sales and easily get accepted. Get it?

There are things known as outliers.

Bp.tf uses sales within 2 months to price according to the most recent sales. If there have been more than 2 in the last 2 months and are being bought by collectors to tend to pay high, its an outlier .. Otherwise one can countervote that suggestion with more than 2 sales and easily get accepted. Get it?

No one cares about quality nowadays so we end with old prices on old hats and wrong prices on new hats because people think 2 sales are enough for proper suggestion. It aint enough, you need at least 10 when it comes to such common hat as in this case. You may ask why I dont make a suggestion and thing is it takes a lot of time when you do it properly and I realised bp.tf rep means nothing and I dont need to check unusual prices here as I can price unusual for myself. Result is we get a group of people repwhoring and other group of people relying on these prices. Being in either group makes no sense for me.

Archived