Converted steam market prices

Hugh Jazz

I'm just wondering, how are the converted steam market prices obtained?

I would think that you take the money price divided by 1.15 then divide that value by the current money price of keys in the market, but the values don't seem to match?

I'm just wondering, how are the converted steam market prices obtained?

I would think that you take the money price divided by 1.15 then divide that value by the current money price of keys in the market, but the values don't seem to match?

Make 2 points. A low and high. One deals with stuff with tax and one without.

Source: A suggestion by Kodorin

There are technically 3 different "key" values that can be obtained:

1. (($ value to buyer)/(1.15))/(Current Cost to Buy Keys On Market)   ***This will get you the lowest value***

2. (($ value to buyer)/(1.15))/(Current $ Value Seller Gets for a Key on Market)  ***This is mid-value and also the same as ($ value to buyer)/(Cost to buy keys on Market)***

3. ($ value to Buyer)/(Current $ Value Seller Gets for a Key on Market) ***Maximum value and equates to # of keys buyer needs to sell on SCM to buy the item. This is how trade.tf computes key value of something on Steam Market***

The market price list uses the price including the fee as mentioned in the header of the page. We could be using the price without fee but it would not change the end result. The displayed price is the Buyer price which makes more sense.

The calculation is simple:

- The page finds the price in USD for keys in the community pricelist (GameValue = 8.28 ref * usd value of ref = 2.03)

- The page finds the lowest price in USD for keys in the market (MarketValue = 2.35)

This will give a ratio of GameValue / MarketValue (0.86). That ratio is then applied to every item which allows to "convert" the price back into in-game value from its USD value.

Ah I see. Is it possible to make a separate column for the seller price?

Edit: I found out that you just have to divide the Buyers' price by 1.15 again.

Archived