Key suggestion comments.

Mexican Citrus

Why does the site allow the mods (cleverpun in particular) to completely abuse the warning system? They hide posts that are spam reasonably, but tend to be the opposite of objective when dealing with "broad economy" comments.

For example, here is my comment that was hidden:

Personally, I disagree with it as well.

"Refined is dropping", yet only keys seem to be rising relative to Ref. Stranges are stable. Hats are going down. Only Keys are going up. The USD cost of Ref is irrelevant to most traders, it makes no sense to use it as proof (also, since Keys CANT go up in USD, because Paypal traders cant go higher than SCM or TF2 Store pirces, they have to lower the cost of Ref, otherwise a Key and a Key's worth of Ref could be sold for different prices. Imo, Keys are rising. Although Real did get the reason why, the demand for Keys is way higher than demand for Ref.

At least thats my take on the matter. I feel like people look at Ref going down in USD and think the average trader cares, and I dont know why. Anyway, inb4 this gets hidden by cleverpun, it seems like he's been using the warnings as his own personal dislike button lately, some of those comments really dont look like they need warned.

Now, this comment is about the broad economy, hiding it was correct. However, other broad economy posts are not being hidden, such as:

Not a bad try but you ended up supporting me. ;D I wish more suggester did this and opened up minds.

It won't be eternally rising, there will be a certain point where people will say, no more and stop paying massive amount of ref or key market will just shorten down a bit. One of the two will happen, sooner or later.

Right now, people can afford 8.00 ref, 8.33 ref and buy at those prices and sellers can steadily sell them at those prices without having any sort of problem at all in fact sometimes it happens that they start selling too fast too quick, hence the increase. If you try to sell a key for 11.00 ref, it will be close to impossible for you to sell at that price now. Why? No buyers at that price at all/lack of buyers. There will be a point when that happens, perhaps it won't completely stabilize or perhaps it will but there will be that point. Key price is at the moment what I consider low because there are hella ton of people who can afford it at the current ongoing price. Just hang in there the point will come. :P

Both posts are about the broader economy of Keys and not about the price rise. Another example is the whole comment chain after this post

Gosh, I remember when keys were 5.00 refined now there 8.00 refined. Horrible community suggestions, I really hope this does not go through.

The whole chain discusses how Ref dropping influences Keys rising in relation to Ref, the economy growing, and where the profits are going. the entire thing should be hidden, according the the rules Cleverpun posts on every suggestion and follows at their own leisure.

There are many other comments that show this inconsistency, and I wont quote them all because I'd have half the suggestion up here (instead I'll just link it here: http://backpack.tf/vote/id/53852f5b4dd7b8af7b8b4577 ). Notably, people who think keys rising is not a problem are having their posts hidden far less often, it seems (although I'm not 100% sure about that, since some of the discussion makes it hard to tell. However, many economy-related posts slide through, and the feeling I get from them is that they dont see it as a problem).

Warning comments is needed, since everyone knows the Key suggestions will be filled with spam. However, having rules that the mods don't enforce equally is worse than having no rules at all. If you're going to hide comments about the economy, don't pick and choose so that ones you agree with stay visible. The warning is not your own personal dislike button.

You seem to be missing the point of suggestions. Suggestions are not a forum for discussion about the economy as a whole. Such discussions detract from the main point of comments - to directly assess the validity of the proof provided, to provide further proof supporting or refuting the suggested range, to justify why the suggested range does not reflect the common market price, or to provide experience with your own trades. Comments are meant only as assessments of the proof and suggested range. All other extraneous comments make it VERY hard for mods and the rest of the community to evaluate the suggestion. When there are hundreds of comments, it's very hard to find the relevant comments assessing the proof.

You are welcome to have such discussions in the forums here. There are multiple "key threads." But posting such comments is not appropriate in suggestions, especially on currency suggestions where they do far more harm than good.

You seem to be missing the point of suggestions. Suggestions are not a forum for discussion about the economy as a whole. Such discussions detract from the main point of comments - to directly assess the validity of the proof provided, to provide further proof supporting or refuting the suggested range, to justify why the suggested range does not reflect the common market price, or to provide experience with your own trades. Comments are meant only as assessments of the proof and suggested range. All other extraneous comments make it VERY hard for mods and the rest of the community to evaluate the suggestion. When there are hundreds of comments, it's very hard to find the relevant comments assessing the proof.

You are welcome to have such discussions in the forums here. There are multiple "key threads." But posting such comments is not appropriate in suggestions, especially on currency suggestions where they do far more harm than good.

You seem to have not read my post. I acknowledged that my comment was not in the correct place multiple times and that warning it was correct, but you act as if I made this to protest my comment being hidden. I made this thread for a reason, and you coming in and ignoring that reason completely is very rude of you, just don't post if what you're going to say is not about the issue I brought up.

You seem to have not read my post. I acknowledged that my comment was not in the correct place multiple times and that warning it was correct, but you act as if I made this to protest my comment being hidden. I made this thread for a reason, and you coming in and ignoring that reason completely is very rude of you, just don't post if what you're going to say is not about the issue I brought up.

You're right. I apologize. Those should have been hidden as well. It's hard to moderate 500 comments in a key suggestion. We miss things. Apparently, I miss things in a single post as well.

Archived