Little game

Betasecret

Decided to come up with a mini-game myself.

When it comes to the prize: no idea what yet. Will be something worth at least 3 ref. Whatever I have laying around I guess.

Watch the video underneath and give me your best explanation of how the trick is done. Best explanation wins. If two explanations are the same the top one wins. Even if you don't want to participate it's an entertaining trick, watch it.

Good luck ^_^

I forgot to care.

If you don't care why are you even here then? Don't care, don't comment. I won't miss you.

After watching the firing part at 25% speed, I have concluded that they are, in fact, firing actual bullets. At least Penn is. Seeing as there is no realistic way they could actually shoot the bullet into the other's mouth, I'm thinking that the signed bullets were somehow fired earlier during a distraction. But I'm not seeing any place that could have happened. This is truly confusing..

EDIT: My other theory was that a blank or other special bullet was fired while the glass was broken via an artificial method. I gave in and read Chud's cheats after the original posting, and that definitely says that could be a possibility.

But that still doesn't explain how the signed bullets appear as if they have been fired, unless their safety talk was intentionally drawn out while someone behind the scenes drew the signatures on recently fired bullets. These imitation bullets could then have been slipped to Penn & Teller.

My best guess as to how that happened would be the bullets were sneakily put into their helmets before they put them on.

That makes sense. If you carefully look at Penn's left hand after he puts on his helmet, it is apparent that he's holding his hand weird, almost like there's something in there.

As is often the case with other magic illusions, there is no single way the bullet catch is performed. The method a magician may use will vary from performer to performer. The gun or the bullet is rigged in some way: the simplest form of the bullet catch, the gun is made to fire blanks. The target through which the "bullet" passes is set to destruct using asquib. All the performer must do is keep the bullet in his or her mouth until ready to produce it.

If the gun is to be loaded in front of the audience, a wax bullet is loaded into the firearm. The spray of liquid wax from the barrel of the gun is enough to break the pane of glass. The magician uses misdirection to exchange the marked bullet with one made of wax and place the marked bullet into his or her mouth. There are also electronic guns, which will simulate the sound, smoke, and flash of a firing, but not actually affect the bullet. Another method when loading in front of the audience or by an audience member is to have a small magnet attached to the ramrod; the magnet then removes the bullet immediately after loading. When the magician takes the stick, he or she removes the bullet, and holds it in his or her mouth until producing it. In that case, the gun is always modified and only simulates firing a shot. This technique is virtually obsolete, given that modern firearms do not use a ramrod. Another method was to use a real gun and bullet, and have the shooter intentionally miss the magician. This procedure led to most early deaths from this trick and has since been abandoned.

In cases where the bullet is marked by an audience member, the marked bullet is then transferred to the magician through sleight-of-hand, or a similar bullet is duplicated by an off-stage assistant and transferred to the magician.

As is often the case with other magic illusions, there is no single way the bullet catch is performed. The method a magician may use will vary from performer to performer. The gun or the bullet is rigged in some way: the simplest form of the bullet catch, the gun is made to fire blanks. The target through which the "bullet" passes is set to destruct using asquib. All the performer must do is keep the bullet in his or her mouth until ready to produce it.

If the gun is to be loaded in front of the audience, a wax bullet is loaded into the firearm. The spray of liquid wax from the barrel of the gun is enough to break the pane of glass. The magician uses misdirection to exchange the marked bullet with one made of wax and place the marked bullet into his or her mouth. There are also electronic guns, which will simulate the sound, smoke, and flash of a firing, but not actually affect the bullet. Another method when loading in front of the audience or by an audience member is to have a small magnet attached to the ramrod; the magnet then removes the bullet immediately after loading. When the magician takes the stick, he or she removes the bullet, and holds it in his or her mouth until producing it. In that case, the gun is always modified and only simulates firing a shot. This technique is virtually obsolete, given that modern firearms do not use a ramrod. Another method was to use a real gun and bullet, and have the shooter intentionally miss the magician. This procedure led to most early deaths from this trick and has since been abandoned.

In cases where the bullet is marked by an audience member, the marked bullet is then transferred to the magician through sleight-of-hand, or a similar bullet is duplicated by an off-stage assistant and transferred to the magician.

how r u so legit

As stated by a participant in a different show, same trick, there is a period of time where curtains go up for a couple of moments, not shown in this TV broadcast. The video was altered to skip these parts that would make sense in real life. Curtains went up and they got their vests on and stuff but in this short time used a few devices, including one that removes the bullet from its casing, replaced it with a wax bullet, and put it back. This was done by the aid of backstage crew. With their new bullets in revolvers and bullets with writing with the stage crew, they lowered the curtains. As stated before, the glass can easily be broken using an artificial method. They bang banged at each other and snapped their heads back. Remember the bullets the stage crew has? After practicing the trick over and over, the stage crew managed to time the snapping of the heads back and dropped the bullet in their mouths as they snapped back. Or they just had it underneath their tounges if you want an easier version ;). The bullets and casings would be too hot to handle by the way, so they were never really fired.

WITHOUT actually looking it up, I believe a confederate was used.  Two, actually.  A confederate is an actor that magicians place in the audience.  In this case, those who signed the bullets were confederates, and signed it in a special pre-determined way.  Penn and Teller already had copies of those bullets signed and waiting in their mouths, perhaps for the entire performance, or planted when suiting up.  The bullets that were actually fired were either blanks or some manipulated form.  In fact, I'm not certain if they did it this way, but perhaps I would have loaded something like a rubber bullet, then adjusted the laser sights so that when the laser is aimed at the mouth, the bullet strikes the helmet.  This way, the bullets would have traveled through the glass, then bounced off the helmets, knocking them to the ground much like they did.  

If rubber bullets were not used, then blanks were used and the glass was shattered via a different method.  Depending on the type of glass, if it had piezo-electric properties a quick burst of current could have shattered the glass, flowing through the strings (wires) that they were suspended by.

Explanation:

The magicians swiftly exchange the signed bullets with wax ones, loading these duplicates into their guns. These false bullets are immediately melted on firing and the spray of hot wax is what puts holes in the glass (specially engineered bullets basically).

If you're wondering how the hell they got the bullet from one side to another (which is the most important part of the trick that everyone gets amazed by) that's because they gave the bullet to an assistant behind stage who gave it that 'fired' look and then passed it onto the other magician. They then conceal the bullets in their mouths (while using sleight of hand), only to reveal them after pulling the trigger for a magical money shot.This video shows the specific part where they are 'preparing' more clear (No curtains where used, but you can see why they needed that black screen):

Nevertheless an awesome trick!

Now, who won?

Dabears won since he was the most accurate that didn't actually copy pasted it or just posted a link. (t1m1d also got close, but he comes in second place since he only got it more right after he edited it).

If you're just copying your homework you don't get anything either in class guys.

Add me to claim your prize.

Archived