[Question] How would I get SCM Prices of items using the API?

ADAMPOKE111

You cannot get it through the Api.

You can either use some server either loads of processing power and scrape the market pages for each individual item, or do it like scrapbank.me does, scan the recently completed trades json and update or store a value if it has changed. Though this will take you months to get prices of all items as some sell rarely on scm.

Just use trade.tf api or wait for brad/fiskie to release a bp.tf version. I have messaged brad regarding this but havent got a response. Ill try my luck with fiskie.

It does not take so much power to scrape each and every page, but bandwidth will be eaten(and hitting the pages 24/7 may get your ip a temp ban) depending on how fast you allow it to go and for how long before stopping after completing the market once.

It does not take so much power to scrape each and every page, but bandwidth will be eaten(and hitting the pages 24/7 may get you ip a temp ban) depending on how fast you allow it to go and for how long before stopping after completing the market once.

Therefore you can just spend months trying to get data from the recentcompleted trades list

Or just use trade.tf api

You cannot get it through the Api.

You can either use some server either loads of processing power and scrape the market pages for each individual item, or do it like scrapbank.me does, scan the recently completed trades json and update or store a value if it has changed. Though this will take you months to get prices of all items as some sell rarely on scm.

Just use trade.tf api or wait for brad/fiskie to release a bp.tf version. I have messaged brad regarding this but havent got a response. Ill try my luck with fiskie.

Seems like it could work, thanks. ;)

Archived