Building a Computer/Tower

Mr. Slanders

I was looking to put some off my cash into a gaming tower, I have about $800-1000 to spend. I am afraid of my tower to completely die since it overheats every 3-5 hours so I will probably need to put some expense into another gaming computer, What custom builds do you guys suggest in my range of $800-1000.

My current setup

Mouse: Azza Gaming Mouse
Mousepad: Razer Goliathus (Control) ~ Small
Keyboard: Azza Gaming Keyboard
Headset: Turtle Beach Z300 Monitor: Samsung 32" 60Hz
CPU: AMD FX-4100 @ 3.60GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

I notice there is not motherboard in that setup. Not sure it would work without a motherboard. It does have a mouse though.

Just put a blizzardy storm anti-thermal case over your computer. It will prevent heat buildup while still allowing your computer to function properly. And best of all, it should only cost a few buds. It's a great investment.

Let me ask the question people dread. amd or intel? eww intel. Upgrade the cpu and mobo (if you have one) maybe watercooling or air, and Thermal Paste for the cpu. that should solve the problem, if its the cpu, get compressed air and spray the fans. 

im sorry intel, you failed me once again.

If the only issue is over-heating, just buy a new cpu fan (or liquid cooler) and/or buy a couple case fans. Total cost--roughly $50, much cheaper than buying a new computer. 

I'd also suggest running the computer under load with the side panel on and with it off. If the temperatures vary by more than a few degrees than your air flow sucks and you definitely should be getting some case fans. 

Archived