Should Duped V. Buds have their own suggestion/price?

Space Jesus

Random thought that came to my head today. I figure since V. Max Heads are like 99.9% dupes and are priced on dupes, why not have a price for the duped V. Buds? Doesn't make sense to me that the only price we have is for the extreme rarity (totally clean), instead of the commonly traded ones. Not that we should get rid of the clean pricing, just that the lack of duped pricing for them seems very odd. I have no idea if that's a hard thing for the site to differentiate, and I can imagine the possible headaches for classifieds/bp scanning to see if it's duped etc. Just an "if we could, we should" kind of thought.

Opinions?

(I also assume this is the correct area to post something like this. If not, mah bad)

I think this will cause more duped items to require a price, not sure about this..

Essentially we'll have lvl 1 Max, clean/duped buds, duped HOUWARs, duped unusuals, gifted stuff etc.

It's a good idea but in the long run it's gonna be annoying.

Well that's kind of a different deal though. Those items don't tend to saturate at 90, 95, or even 99% of the market. Having a separate suggestion is probably not needed for those items. You can tag gifted items and say that they will probably be worth less, and tag Max heads with something similar for being Level 1. We already have warnings that craft #'s or rare vint levels could be worth a lot more, why not a similar one that says the item could be worth less? Etc

You could have the same deal for tagging duped V. Buds I guess, but I'd consider that less reliable than just giving a price suggestion for them since the dupe flagging system isn't perfect (I've seen blatantly duped Unusual KE's for example that were not flagged)

Well it will be hard to keep track of, since you have to do a check whether the item is duped for every item, and since there is no efficient way of doing this, it will be hard work.

We would need sales on specifically duped items to get a duped price. This seems easy on most higher tier things like V. Buds, but then lets try to find sales of duped, lets say, unusuals. It would introduce a new element to price suggesting, if every unusual had a duped price too. You cant just say duped is worth blank amount, you have to have sales. Sales of both clean and duped.

Backpack.tf is a great service, but we can't be that dependent upon it. Lets just know in our hearts that duped V. Buds are only worth ten buds and remember that individually.

We would need sales on specifically duped items to get a duped price. This seems easy on most higher tier things like V. Buds, but then lets try to find sales of duped, lets say, unusuals. It would introduce a new element to price suggesting, if every unusual had a duped price too. You cant just say duped is worth blank amount, you have to have sales. Sales of both clean and duped.

Backpack.tf is a great service, but we can't be that dependent upon it. Lets just know in our hearts that duped V. Buds are only worth ten buds and remember that individually.

I'm not suggesting that we do this on a massive scale. I'm saying in this one instance, it makes a lot of sense to have a price for duped V. Buds. This does not mean implementing a site-wide dupe alternate pricing system.

We already have items that are priced off dupes. The attitude of "Well just trust your heart and/or already have the pre-researched knowledge that duped V. Buds go for way less" is kind of crappy tbh. Might as well say that about all of bp.tf: Ignore stats, sales, and logic because your heart should know what something "really" is.

I think the price range should be duped–nonduped ... we already have enough shit, might as well include all sorts of items in the ranges

I think the price range should be duped–nonduped ... we already have enough shit, might as well include all sorts of items in the ranges

This makes the most sense to me although the range between duped V. Buds and Non-duped is very different

Parasites pins and lids are based on dupes and the cleans are much more common to come by. The big kills and buds are based on clean, but the cleans are almost never for sale/never sell and dupes are always available. If you ask me, it should be the other way around.

I dunno if cleans for the Pin and Lid are that common to find on the market. IMO it's probably more of a coin flip for those two: I've seen the same duped 69 Lid idk how many times at this point lol.

I think the price should be based on duped versions.

I agree with this, i dont think ive ever seen a clean one on the market

I've seen 2 on the market before. One was for the last suggestion on clean pricing, and the other is an original owner who changed his mind/took it down. The money I'd pay to have his squeaky clean V. buds!

Archived