Why Was I Banned

Spysenberg

I am fairly new to trading in tf2 as well as trading using backpack. Recently some of my items had been taken down, though I was and still am unsure why this happened; when I tried to ask the person who was removing the items I put up for sale by adding them when they were online they did not respond (though now I know I probably should not have done that).

The next day when I went on to check if any other of my items had been taken down I found out I was banned and had not received any warnings (though I'm not sure if backpack usually gives warnings before bans); this apparently was for misleading prices in classified, though I am unsure how I did this. 

Since I'm not even sure what I did to receive this ban I do not think it was fair. If it was in fact fair I would appreciate it if someone explained to me why I have been banned.

pXtxl8L.png

• Administrators

Since I'm not even sure what I did to receive this ban I do not think it was fair. If it was in fact fair I would appreciate it if someone explained to me why I have been banned.

Only the mod who banned you can answer you. We don't exactly know why you are/were banned.

Appeal your ban here if you think it was unjustified.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?app=tickets

Good luck!  ^_^

-misleading prices ban-

You're notes or what you asked for in trade probably didn't match what you listed it for.

You're notes or what you asked for in trade probably didn't match what you listed it for.

Thanks, I think that's probably the reason.  

• Administrators

Thanks, I think that's probably the reason.  

Then wait it out, nothing you can do.

Better yet, be careful what you post something on classifieds next time.

Good luck!  ^_^

Most weapons are one scrap metal, and this was the amount I thought I was putting them up for. However a lot of weapons such as the Frontier Justice appear to be worth 0.05 on the prices list. Because of this I assumed 0.05 meant a scrap metal (most of the people buying items from me did as well).

In my eyes, this issue is small. I was not doing this on purpose to trick or deceive anyone, as I said I am new to the community and trading.

WG1KVv6.png

• Administrators

Most weapons are one scrap metal, and this was the amount I thought I was putting them up for. However a lot of weapons such as the Frontier Justice appear to be worth 0.05 on the prices list. Because of this I assumed 0.05 meant a scrap metal (most of the people buying items from me did as well).

In my eyes, this issue is small. I was not doing this on purpose to trick or deceive anyone, as I said I am new to the community and trading.

Ah, everyone puts up unique weapons for 0.11/a scrap even if they are listed 0.05 

If you really listed 0.11 scrap and did nothing more than that, I don't really see the issue or why you were banned. As I said, I don't know what you exactly did. Only the person who banned you knows what he/she exactly banned you for.

As I said, if you don't want to wait 18+ hours, appeal on the link I gave above.  ^_^

Ah, everyone puts up unique weapons for 0.11/a scrap even if they are listed 0.05 

If you really listed 0.11 scrap and did nothing more than that, I don't really see the issue or why you were banned. As I said, I don't know what you exactly did. Only the person who banned you knows what he/she exactly banned you for.

As I said, if you don't want to wait 18+ hours, appeal on the link I gave above.  ^_^

Okay, thanks

• Administrators

1 day ban isnt even a real ban :T

It may not seem to you, but it may to many others.  :P

Perhaps, it might if you do actually get 1 day banned.  :ph34r:

It may not seem to you, but it may to many others.  :P

Perhaps, it might if you do actually get 1 day banned.  :ph34r:

plz no

People make errors. I have not seen this moderator before, I think he is just happy with using the ban hammer. All you can do is wait the ban out.

Archived