New phishing metod..?

!каблам

So, I was selling my unusual on tf2outpost and suddenly a few seconds after bumping my trade got a comment "so you are just doing same here, right? *weird link that takes to some video*"

The website asks you to download adobe plugin update. Almost fell for it, dangit.

Before downloading, checked the guys profile and found comments like "HIJACKER", "PHISHER".

So, is it a new method or just my first time?

Every 2-3 days somebody makes a thread with "NEW UNKNOW PHISHING/SCAMMING METHOD!!!!ACHTUNG, ACHTUNG!!!!",  and it alsways turns out to be same old shit.

Every 2-3 days somebody makes a thread with "NEW UNKNOW PHISHING/SCAMMING METHOD!!!!ACHTUNG, ACHTUNG!!!!",  and it alsways turns out to be same old shit.

A common thing called First. Time.

He is just asking...

Can you guys seriously stop with the reply pyramids your making? This shit hurts my eyes.

I had 7 notifications when I got back online.

• Administrators

It might be old for an average old Tf2 user but might be new to those who are not familiar with phishing links.

Yeah but I'm fine with it.  Obviously there are a lot of people that aren't aware of this stuff and who knows whether one of these times you'll actually be alerted to something you haven't seen yet?  Acting like a know-it-all can have some drawbacks.

Archived