Connecting TF2 trading to stocks?

Hugh Jazz

Basically the title. Is there anything in trading that can help with earning real life money? Maybe it doesn't have to be stocks, but possibly any money earned in real life?

You can somewhat liken it to flipping used cars. Although there are other factors to be considered with real life property (like getting it to the customer). Although it does help with negotiation skills a bit I would say.

Other than cashing out?

Talking about completely IRL now with maybe using skills from TF2 Trading.

You learn basic concepts of trading. Even more so if you engage in the steam community market.

Pump and dump

Holding

Market manipulation

Risk management

etc.

You subconsciously learn those ideas without even knowing you did. Then when you research stock market trading or any type of real-worl trading, you recognize a bunch of these mechanics at play.

What's that?

You go around to different antique shops, yard sales, pawn shops, etc and buy cheap collectible/valueble stuff that you sell for a profit. 

I was like 10 doing this but, what I used to do was buy old toy sets (most went for about 5$) from a guy at the flea market, I then went to ebay and bought  the box and the figures that went with the set for 10$, sold back to the same guy I bought the set from for 100$, did this a couple times until the guy moved away, made alot of money doing that.

Basically the title. Is there anything in trading that can help with earning real life money? Maybe it doesn't have to be stocks, but possibly any money earned in real life?

Haha 

Looks like we're both looking to do the same thing....

I'm probably going to try to jump into the stock market as its an online job and (I hope) will be easier to pick up because of in-game trading. 

Haha 

I'm probably going to try to jump into the stock market as its an online job and (I hope) will be easier to pick up because of in-game trading.

InB4StockMarketCrashes

Haha 

isn't it much harder as an independent trader because you don't get the good connections/arrangements with brokers and stuff? i've always thought it might be interesting to try though.

Haha 

The stock market needs some serious research before you can just jump into it. If you don't know what you're doing, you are going to lose big time.

isn't it much harder as an independent trader because you don't get the good connections/arrangements with brokers and stuff? i've always thought it might be interesting to try though.

Pretty much this^^

In my economics class we're doing a stock market activity where we use the real stock market to "buy" and "sell" stocks with "money." We all start off with 10 grand and have to try to make the most amount of profit in 8 weeks. At first, I bought a bunch of random stocks I knew and that didn't go so well. Lost 600 bucks during the first week (lol). Did the same thing the second week, lost $550. So I started doing a bit of research before buying and selling. Bought 200 shares of starbucks when they announced this new plan they had with happy hour or something. Stock rose about 6 points. Ton of profit. Also was able to sell my Whole Foods stocks a few days before they dropped around 20 points.... sucks for that one guy that bought 100 shares of that stock the day before. Ouch

Archived