List of all items ever owned

_Hans

Basically list out all oids ever associated with the steam account. Would be really helpfull for both tracking down items you once owned and for background checking scammers/sharks/whatever

Edit: List should probably not include things like weapons and metal, due to the excessive amount of items

I don't think you understand what I mean.

Whenever someone views your backpack, every item along with your steamid is saved in a "list", this is how things like http://backpack.tf/item/641573789 work. It lists out every steamid ever associated with that item, along with a timestamp. What I suggest is the "opposite" of the item history list, a list of every item associated with that steamid

A good idea in theory 

The data should already by available

But it does sound like a laborious process

That would be a lot of data - a lot of information

Would the site be able to process so much information for every user?

Probably the wrong place to put this, but what about a list of all the items currently in existence, and their total value? Just to calculate how much TF2 is "worth".

Whenever someone views your backpack, every item along with your steamid is saved in a "list", this is how things like http://backpack.tf/item/641573789 work. It lists out every steamid ever associated with that item, along with a timestamp. What I suggest is the "opposite" of the item history list, a list of every item associated with that steamid

And if it's located in a private backpack it cannot be found by the system.

That doesn't make any sense. If your backpack is private and someone tries viewing your backpack, the only thing that happens is that nothing happens.

Every time an item is traded, it gets a new itemid, but the original id remains the same, that's how the item history page knows which users has owned the item

And if what the user has a private backpack?

:/

And if it's located in a private backpack it cannot be found by the system.

That doesn't make any sense. If your backpack is private and someone tries viewing your backpack, the only thing that happens is that nothing happens.

Every time an item is traded, it gets a new itemid, but the original id remains the same, that's how the item history page knows which users has owned the item

If a users backpack is set to private, and the item is in a traders backpack - There is a chance that the system could affect all previous users of that item - and well - that affects the whole system.

In short - There is a possibility that a private backpack, and items in private backpacks may conflict with item history of all previous users of said item and that multiples as there are a number of private backpacks - each with numerous items - all of which have at least some item history.

As stated - A good idea in theory - but it's execution may be a tad bit complicated.

If a users backpack is set to private, and the item is in a traders backpack - There is a chance that the system could affect all previous users of that item - and well - that affects the whole system.

In short - There is a possibility that a private backpack, and items in private backpacks may conflict with item history of all previous users of said item and that multiples as there are a number of private backpacks - each with numerous items - all of which have at least some item history.

As stated - A good idea in theory - but it's execution may be a tad bit complicated.

Or if the trader crafted/found/unboxed it, AkA 1man history - and got a private backpack. We can't access it.

Agree, would be an awesome feature. But not possible.

I honestly don't understand what the problem would be.

The list would only list out the items backpack.tf has recorded as belonging to that user. If the users backpack at one point was private, the items from that time period would simply not be shown, because they wouldn't be recorded.

The list would only list out the items backpack.tf has recorded as belonging to that user. If the users backpack at one point was private, the items from that time period would simply not be shown, because they wouldn't be recorded.

Have you ever considered how much data this would cost? For every item it is loaded if you specifically want to see the history of the item. If you want this for every item somebody has ever owned it would be humongous

Then just use the backpack history.

Have you ever considered how much data this would cost? For every item it is loaded if you specifically want to see the history of the item. If you want this for every item somebody has ever owned it would be humongous

it wouldnt use much much more data than the person already uses just having a steam profile and games.

• Administrators

I don't think you understand how much of coding this would need. It would need a lot of coding and a lot of work as well.

I also wonder if the site will be able to process so much information for every user.

Overall, a great idea and theory but in reality, will need a lot of time and work into this. 

Neutral

Matties list: Too many TC's, can not compute.

J-j-jon's list: too many chocolate bars, got diabeetus trying to process.

The data is already there, it's in the individual item histories. But there are better features to be added imho.

Just the amount of data it would take to compile this for every user which has ever used the site also how traders run through multiple items on a daily basis doesnt seem worth it...

You can search your backpack via dates, you can use that to find an item you've owned. (Besides the occasional unusual and rare item you wont be using this much anyways)

Just a list of every item you've interacted with is not very useful and it would take too much effort to implement

Archived