Take value of new effect unusuals within the past month or 2 instead of past 3 months?

oblivion276678

I find it to become increasingly difficult to suggest unusuals accurately when I'm using new effect unusuals (usually high tier), often having to make 2 or 3 more "minisuggestions" in order to get my point across. Also for suggestions like these: http://backpack.tf/vote/id/536edee74dd7b82d588b47f3 , where a second sale came up, I am unable to suggest using the second sale (see kaushu's comment) because the DP Team Captain used to buy the cloudy moon lid (which is the only sale in the past couple of months), is now extremely unreliable. The DP Team Captain was 13.5 at the time (~1 month ago) but now is ~7-8, even having a suggestion open for that price range.

tl;dr

New effect unusuals have their prices become extremely unreliable after a couple of weeks. Should have a shorter "outdated" period for them.

Kodorin suggested this before, but that would lead to more out of date prices :c

EDIT: Woops double post, internet went off for a sec

This is b.s.. I know about the troubles with 3rd gens but this will make it worse. 3rd gens are getting the brunt of the blame for there being too nany things to choose from. I have had a searing jeepcap up for sale for a couple weeks. It has a very up to date price and it has not been getting any offers of worth. Many of the moons have really shit prices as well as many 2nd gens.

Kodorin suggested this before, but that would lead to more out of date prices :c

EDIT: Woops double post, internet went off for a sec

Intentional double post in order to boost comment count.

There is no official rule for this, and I don't think there can be one. But mods are already aware of this. Any time the high end of a suggestion is defined by a new effect sale, I am very careful to make sure that it is being valued correctly, even if the price is only 2 weeks old. Most important here is not how old the suggested price is now but rather how old the price is from the time of the sale as we want to, as closely as possible, capture the value at the time of the sale.

Things I check for when the high end is based on a new effect: 

(1) When was the last suggestion made and what was the quality of that suggestion?

(2) How close was that to the time of the sale. Were there sales in the last suggestion that were close to the sale in question?

(3) What are current b/os?

There won't be an official rule, but that doesn't mean the mods aren't very careful about handling these. Usually means that these kinds of suggestions are up for a week.

There is no official rule for this, and I don't think there can be one. But mods are already aware of this. Any time the high end of a suggestion is defined by a new effect sale, I am very careful to make sure that it is being valued correctly, even if the price is only 2 weeks old. Most important here is not how old the suggested price is now but rather how old the price is from the time of the sale as we want to, as closely as possible, capture the value at the time of the sale.

Things I check for when the high end is based on a new effect: 

(1) When was the last suggestion made and what was the quality of that suggestion?

(2) How close was that to the time of the sale. Were there sales in the last suggestion that were close to the sale in question?

(3) What are current b/os?

There won't be an official rule, but that doesn't mean the mods aren't very careful about handling these. Usually means that these kinds of suggestions are up for a week.

Just a quick question, should I take the value of the DP TC at the time of the sale or waht it's currently being sold for now?

Suggestions on the DP TC

February 23: 20-21

April 18: 12-15

Current: 7-8

Unless your sale was within a week of these suggestions, it shouldn't be used. For example, if the sale happened March 18, the value was probably not 20 or 13. Probably somewhere right in the middle. Just not usable unless your sale happened within a week of one of these suggestions.

Well, usually it's best to avoid using hats like this as proof. I wouldn't use this to set your range, though it would be nice supplementary proof if you have other sales.

When I bought my jeepcap it had a price update that exactly validated its old price. I got the hat thinking that a gen 1 soli hat should get me some good trade offers and make some profit. Plus I think the hat is decent but not one I wouldn't sell atm. It has had little weight when I offer and has gotten no validating offers on outpost. I also bump five or six times daily. 2 buds is not expensive and yet here I am. I know of the high level of expierience you have as staff members but it is unacceptable to make policies like this. That goes for traders as well. Everyone has to remember that all the available options out there means that many items will not get the attention you would expect. I got a max head offer on my smoking pyromancer which shows that just because of that update, interest in other hats likeky decreased by a little bit.

Archived