There

Does anybody here actually own a 4K TV? If so, what do you think about it in comparison to 1080p? 

People with 2560 X 1440 monitors (and 4K monitors) are welcome to input their opinion, but I think it's a bit different.

Also, why did we skip 2560 X 1440 TVs? :(

2k already exists -- 1920 X 1080

2048x1556 Thats 2K

Anyways 4K might look nice but it's not a giant difference like how 720 to 1080.

2048x1556 Thats 2K

Anyways 4K might look nice but it's not a giant difference like how 720 to 1080.

I did some reading, 1920x1080 is 2K too.

Any idea why they went with the K naming scheme, rather than calling 4K 2160P?

Because 2160 P sounds stupid. 

And trust me, it's not that big of a difference. If you need a new tv, get one. It's not worth the money to upgrade though. 

I have a rmbp (2880x1800), which is really nice in comparison to 1080p.

A lot more real estate and going back to my 1080p screen is kinda a drag.

There is no 4k or even 2.5k material for tv:s, everyone broadcasts in 1080 maximum, the infrastructure is too bad for us to start broadcasting in higher resolutions.

For monitors, the support for 4k isn't very good, it's starting to get better but it's still far away from perfect.

I have a 4k monitor. It's crystal clear and the size is nice and whatnot, but nothing except for games (and NaughtyAmerica) really produce anything in 4k yet, so it doesn't really get used to it's full extent.

1920x1080 (FHD)

2560x1440 (WQHD)

2560x1600 (WQXGA)

2880x1800 (rMBP)

Those are really the only higher resolutions that have a wide range of support and functionality. The PS4 doesn't even support 4k for games, only the GUI, videos, and pictures.

IMO 4k, at this point in time, is a total waste and just an e-penis bragging point. There's what, maybe 100 movies on bluray that are "mastered in 4k" and less than 1/3 are actually worth watching?

Will I end up getting a 4k tv? Most likely in the future when tech and media has caught up. But for now, I'm good with my rMBP and WQHD monitor

Archived