Modest vs. Noble vs. Towering

knavesmith

Non-Robo versions only.

Rate the three in terms of looks, prices of unusual effects, and looks of unusual effects.

Since I have little to no knowledge of unusual prices, I guess I can only answer the first one.

In terms of looks: Modest > Towering > Noble

Post your ratings below.

Modest is the most expensive (the NnB is lowest at 2 buds maybe 3 or something IIRC), good looking, and the effects look great.

I feel like I've been one of the only people that actually prefers Pillar to the Noble. The Modest is really nice and all, but come on: three hats stacked on top of each other? That is something that you'll only find in TF2. It looks great, the effects look good on it, and is a pretty hilarious concept.

After that would be the Modest, and then the Noble. Two hats, as opposed to one or three, is awkward. I'd like to go either way.

Its not really a debate. Pretty sure everyone is gonna say

Modest > Towering > Noble

Modest in terms of looks, price and unusual effects. Then Tower and then Noble

In terms of looks: Modest > Towering > Noble

I feel that the Noble feels very incomplete since the Tower has all three hats on top of each other.

The modest on the other hand, is nice as it is.

For me: Modest > Noble > Pillar

Modest: The tried and true. A simple hat that can display any effect you rant without too much interference from other aspects of the hat. It's plain and simple but allows the effect to be well seen.

Noble: I like it because it looks like a Lincohn hat. not too outlandish, but still stylish. The effect is kind of hard to see unless it is an orbiting.

Pillar: A little obnoxious to me. I cant see the effects all too well, but it is a hell lot better than many other unusuals.

Modest > Tower > Noble.

Modest is overrated though.  Back in the day it was a good hat.  Not so much anymore.

Haunted ghosts towering pillar of hats = pokemon ghost tower of lavender town c:

Ez Themd 20 beds plz

All of them are terrible, get a real hat

#ShotsFired

I vote rather festive tree

DIDNT SEE THAT ONE DID YOU

You're not Cyan. Your vote doesn't count.

In all seriousness, ProPain was the only one to talk about something other than just the looks.

All of them are terrible, get a real hat

The three of them only have prestige as they were the only unusual all-class hats for quite a while. 

i really like the tower and noble. it's only now i'm actually realising the crazy price differences. i would take a scorching noble and a burning tower any day over a burning modest any day. it'd be cheaper and i'd have two nice all class hats

Well, if you want Valve's ratings its tower > noble > modest (Propoganda Contest)

I completely forgot about that until you mentioned it. XD

i think the modest is the worst. it doesn't actually look good on any class and hair always glitches with it

You have quite a different taste of fashion/clothing/whatever-I'm-try-to-say. The Modest looks pretty good if you match it with other cosmetics. I personally like my Modest + Merc's Scarf combo and many people seem to also like the modest the most, which could explain it's high prices.

IMO, Towering seems too goofy with a bunch of hats on you (despite being a game of hats) and the Noble just looks incomplete.

I thought the reason Noble and Tower were so much cheaper, was due to problems way back in the day with some Unusual effects not showing well on them?

Archived