So what's the deal with Sniper and flies?

Ghost1237

Not sure I understand this. Why is flies considered so good on the sniper? Just look at the Anger, where flies is priced higher than Roboactive, Ghosts, and Circling Heart.

Combination of being themed (Sniper = Australian, Australia has lots of flies), and flies being a good effect for sniper gameplay as you don't stick out like a sore thumb.

Its themed like he's camping out in the wilderness and he gets dirty or something, idgaf. Flies is still ugly on most hats.

Its themed like he's camping out in the wilderness and he gets dirty or something, idgaf. Flies is still ugly on most hats.

But it's god tier bc first gen!!!!

Combination of being themed (Sniper = Australian, Australia has lots of flies), and flies being a good effect for sniper gameplay as you don't stick out like a sore thumb.

that's like saying ded pres is themed on soldier coz murica has the dosh (or used to)

flies being a good effect for not sticking out is generally invalid, since you wouldnt pay 10 buds more to stick out around the same as you would with nutz or no effect at all

probably the most bullshit "theme" out there

Isn't this the same thing with engie and nuts n bolts

Practically, but Engie w/N&B seems more obvious IMO.

Because the sniper literally lives in his own filth. He pisses in jars which he keeps with him and wears clothes made out of dead animal skins. He can't move in order to not be seen by enemies.

Also well liked due to low visibility which is needed when you're a sniper.

And some flies sniper hats are double themed: Bloke's Bucket. Swagman's Swatter. Snaggletooth.

I always thought reggaelator w/ flies was more themed than most hats that claim to be.

inb4 someone yells racism

I always thought reggaelator w/ flies was more themed than most hats that claim to be.

inb4 someone yells racism

racism. haha that is actually good though.

Is this a thing, that people overpay cancer unusuals just for the sake of having an unusual?  :blink:

I mean, in like 2 years of comp. sniper I've still not met a sniper wearing an unusual.

I mean, in like 2 years of comp. sniper I've still not met a sniper wearing an unusual.

Yes, many competitive snipers have unusuals (my friend for example has burning belt) they just don't wear them in matches, they use them only in public servers.

If you play the game seriously with sniper, you want an unusual but don't want to affect your performance, flies does that.

Personally think its crap. There are better liw visibility effects than flies. Steaming and smoking. Overclock.

Archived