Most Difficult Achievement You Earned

The_Demin

One that comes to my mind are "In Memory of Petruccio" (Assassin's Creed 2). The funny thing about this achievement is that if you collect 50 feathers, one of your family members will tell you directly to stop collecting the feathers, and gives you a weapon as a bribe. And after collecting all of those damn feathers, I can see why.

They are small as hell, blend in with the background, and do not appear in your map (Even though the five thousand chests do). I had to use several different guides to find them, and what do I get for all my hard work? A cape that makes me hated in every town. A cape that you need to take into every town to get another achievement.

Yes, I 100% Assassin's Creed 2, but I want to forget Petruccio after that achievement.

So, what are some of your's?

One of the best ones was an achievement in red dead redemption. You had to lasso a woman, tie her up, carry her to the train tracks, lay her down and wait for a train to run her over. It was quite satisfying despite the fact it gave you only 5 Gamerscore.

Either the achievement for getting all achievements in Tales of Vesperia or the Completing all Missions on Chaos Difficulty achievement for Dynasty Warriors 6.

Also, those feathers in ACII have nothing on the flags in the first game.

Taking down Crawmerax in Borderlands 1 (without hack weapons or exploits) was pretty satisfying, although I will admit that my 3 teammates did a fair bit of the work.

Me and a buddy duo'd Bridge Over Trebled Slaughter in Left 4 Dead 2. It took us a good 10+ tries, but it was satisfying.

I 100 percented the achievements for RE5, more tedious than difficult, though...

Getting all the gold licenses at Gran Turismo 4 driving tests, especially on the S license, driving cars going over 200/250 kph. Its close to impossible. Every step and inch counts, when you brake, which line you take when to gas or keep away from the pedal. Every millisecond matters. It was even hard to get bronze medal I remember playing hours on same track to get bronze. Same applies to GT3.

This track was nightmare

Also shooting all the green dolls at Metal Gear Solid 3 was pretty hard. There were +-80 around or so. They were very hard to find and without a guide it would take you ages. 

Hey, RuneScape is not that bad. I played it for 6 years, Many good times with it.

Im not saying its bad, i'm saying thats the hardest achievement Ive ever done. getting all dem levels

Im not saying its bad, i'm saying thats the hardest achievement Ive ever done. getting all dem levels

Ah...

99 Firemaking, and 99 Crafting. 

Those flames will haunt me forever.

Two Hardest I can remember are Steppin Razors and 2 for 1 from Halo 3. Steppin Razors was almost impossible during the first month the game was out because it required a Triple Kill with the Energy Sword in a ranked FFA game. There was only 1 map that featured that weapon, it was the largest FFA map at the time, and there were only 4 other player to possibly kill. Was damn near impossible to find a situation where 3 of the 4 players were close enough to kill without one being killed by someone else.

2 for 1 was even worse. Required a Double Kill with 1 shot of the Spartan Laser in ranked FFA. Only 1 map featured the weapon for several months after release and the map was awful for using it. Cover everywhere and by the time you could get that double, one of the two targets would be dead. Only become plausible when they made a gametype that gave everyone a laser and had 12 players in it. Now its literally impossible to get because the playlists aren't updated and they either removed the weapon or the maps you could get it from ranked FFA.

There was this achievement where you had to have fmj on and shoot a clay-more through the wall and get a kill like that. 

It was hard to get. 

• 2 weeks later...

Getting the invincibility cheat in Goldeneye 007.   For those who don't remember, you had to beat Facility on 00 Agent in under 2:05.  Here it is.  

Archived