The Hell?

swaveboard  SKREECH)))

Ive gotten more than a hundred adds in the hours within posting this and the people all say phishers redirected them to my account. Techno, Ansok1, Long Shlong John, Romanbespalov, [unassigned] http://scr.hu/18hm/bfrkg,  http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198091674247/ , http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198133155039/ , http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010948471/ , Cyber, Bula, DarkHawk, Edvinator, Sir Douchebag [NL] and Sandman are some of many of the phishers named.

They are the average phishers, adding people who have just bumped their Outpost or Backpack.tf classifieds listing.

Hi. My friend want to trade with you.Add him.
*FAKE STEAM WEBSITE NAME* /id/swaveboard

^
People spotting the scams, one falling for it but changing his password and enabling steam guard after I told him to, one completely getting his account hijacked. Boom gone just like that. ValvE take action please.

Thanks for Do's great solution and everyones encouragement and reassurance! I hope to get those mother------s all banned!

For reference (Do's solution):

1) DO NOT click the link, it's a phisher trying to scam you, did you click the link?

2) I do NOT sell/buy the items, it was a phisher/scammer who tried to scam you for the items.

If they clicked -

3) Did you log in? If you did - reset your password, make sure you got Steam Guard activated and/or your email registered to your Steam account and change them. If you didn't click, just simply report them by going to their profile and click "report"

Thanks and stay safe from there phishers. Have a nice day!

Update: My steam asked me to verify email. Fucking worried now. Verified email and used my handphone in case there was any key logger or whatever shit. Paranoid to hell now. Pls. Ban. Those. Sons of bitches.

Ive gotten 20 adds in the past 10 minutes and the people all say phishers redirected them to my account. Techno, Long Shlong John and Sandman are the 3 phishers they named.

Hi. My friend want to trade with you.Add him.
*FAKE STEAM WEBSITE NAME* /id/swaveboard

Why are they using me?

Im scared :'<

why not

happens, d0 had the same

But why me? Out of the millions of steam IDs. Im scared ValvE may think I'm part of it somehow. :'<

I know about phishing but they never used my ID or anyone i knows ID before. They always used numbers.

Please I have been in trading for a year already.

Hey, your bro told me you wanted to trade, but you couldn't add me.

Nothing will happen, people must know already that what matters is the link itself, not the profile at the end of it.

Also, if someone tried to phish like this, that person would have to be extremely dumb to put his real profile there.

Hey, your bro told me you wanted to trade, but you couldn't add me.

Nothing will happen, people must know already that what matters is the link itself, not the profile at the end of it.

Also, if someone tried to phish like this, that person would have to be extremely dumb to put his real profile there.

Yeah thats true XD

Chill out

its probably because you're super cool & popular so they decided to use your name.

<3 Thnks

hes not jokin

But I'm not that popular. Or have a lot of rep or anything. Just a normal player, your average Joe.

But I'm not that popular. Or have a lot of rep or anything. Just a normal player, your average Joe.

maybe... except you are not JOE *dun dun dun*

maybe... except you are not JOE *dun dun dun*

I even got their profile links from a nice guy.

Liking every post in a thread is no excuse to like your own, you craphead. And it happens a lot, what you're describing.

Liking every post in a thread is no excuse to like your own, you craphead. And it happens a lot, what you're describing.

I liked my own? Crap time to dislike before I turn into a monster@@!!!!1111!

Yepp, happend to me too.

As I got accused and many people spammed me with "what do I do" I simply made 2 easy copy paste (you can edit and make them similar or whatever you prefer having)

1) DO NOT click the link, it's a phisher trying to scam you, did you click the link?

2) I do NOT sell/buy the items, it was a phisher/scammer who tried to scam you for the items.

If they clicked -

3) Did you log in? If you did - reset your password, make sure you got Steam Guard activated and/or your email registered to your Steam account and change them. If you didn't click, just simply report them by going to their profile and click "report"

That saved me a lot of time, I had 200+ people adding me during that time. I think enough reports made the phisher link got removed/banned? So I just had this issue for a day, make sure you help as many as possible and REPORT the phisher.

If you need more assistance, do not hesistate to add me or PM me.

Edit: [swaveboard] added me and requested for assistance, this has been (semi)-resolved.

Also, if anyone else or [swaveboard] need further assistance or questions - do not hesistate to add me and ask.

same

Lel looks like everyone knows me now. Ill be famous! Just like Gaben.

Archived