Cali Fires.

Seminal Inhalation

So as most of you may know, South California is just about all compromised due to wild fires. It started on Tuesday morning as a small brush fire, and immediately escalated into a wildfire scorching all of South California. The reason it is so bad is due to the heat,  Santa Ana winds, and low humidity. We usually don't get fires until September, so our fire dept. was caught off guard. All the cities near Fallbrook, San Diego, Carlsbad have all been evacuated to avoid the flames with Carlsbad and San Marcos getting torched in the process. So far, nearly half a million people have been evacuated to the North and Northeast  with the fires chasing them. There are currently 9 separate fires with 50 foot flames being blown in different directions by the Santa Ana winds which makes fighting the fires difficult. The winds keep making the fire change course making it hard to contain it. They just managed to save a Military base and got 22 helicopters and 5 bombers up in the air to help with the cause, but aren't helping much. The San Marcos fire split up into 2 fires and has made a literal ring of fire from San Marcos to Lake Wulford to San Diego, and now towards Valley Center, leaving thousands of people *including me* unable to evacuate.

Here's a few videos and pics.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4weo9mjok6kmze/20140515_143145.mp4

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5zp19oarbaboap/20140514_184420.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7zsjdqqr9z21qw/Screenshot_2014-05-14-23-54-07.png

We have not received an evacuation order, but a few neighbors are leaving. Where are they going to go? .-.

glad I live in the 'cool' part of california

but seriously, I would suggest putting some valuables in the car ready to go incase something does happen.

Your neighbors are probably trying to get to the center of the "ring" hoping the fire will take longer to get there.

Posted · Hidden by A Delicious Cashew, May 15, 2014 - spam
Hidden by A Delicious Cashew, May 15, 2014 - spam

inb4 give me ur stuff b4 u die m8

Fires are good and natural for our state's environment. 

Unless you live on a mountain side, you're pretty much safe. I think you should already be used to having fires around.

Fires are good and natural for our state's environment. 

Unless you live on a mountain side, you're pretty much safe. I think you should already be used to having fires around, hell I've seen them from where I live since some have been very close, never worried about it :)

We never get fires until September Or October. This is way early.

Cali boy here also, though I'm up in norcal near San Fran. Jeez SSJ, hope you get out okay. Socal is so pretty ;-;

Soon as they evac LA I'll be worried.

scorching all of South California.

It's like 1/4 of SoCal btw...LA to Ventura is major-fire free.

Soon as they evac LA I'll be worried.

It's like 1/4 of SoCal btw...LA to Ventura is major-fire free.

Says the troll.

I've been following that on the news for like a week now. Be sure to get yourself ready as soon as you get the warning to evacuate

Archived