Question about uncrating Unusuals

Lamedonyx

So I have a small question about the way unusual uncrating works. If I uncrate , for example, the crate #25, will I only be able to get a Unusual hat from crate #25, or could I get any Unusual that can drop ? Is it the same way for items that come from Special Crates (Stongboxes, Summer Coolers). Can Unusual Heer's Helmet only be unboxed from a Strongox, or from any crate ? Thanks for answering

(please no comment like "don't uncrate, it's not worth it")

All crates can unbox any hat in unusual quality (otherwise there wouldn't be unusual TCs, Nohs, and many others), but the effects seem to heavily depend on the crate series. For instance, any crate #25 and below is assumed to be a guaranteed first-gen, any crate below #59 (excluiding the robocrate) will drop either a second-gen or a first-gen, most likely the first; and any crate #59 and up would yield a third-gen.

All crates can unbox any hat in unusual quality (otherwise there wouldn't be unusual TCs, Nohs, and many others), but the effects seem to heavily depend on the crate series. For instance, any crate #25 and below is assumed to be a guaranteed first-gen, any crate below #59 (excluiding the robocrate) will drop either a second-gen or a first-gen, most likely the first; and any crate #59 and up would yield a third-gen.

as far i know, secondgen will start at #19 or #20.

Thats how burining cold killers etc get unboxed

Talking about effects, not hats. All crates have the same hat pool, but not the same effect pool.

Completely off topic but where might I find said cold killer :3

No, even from the newest crates you can get gen. 1 unusuals or gen. 2 unusuals

1-24 are guaranteed 1st gen effects.

25 was released the same date as 2nd gen effects so not 100%.

1-24 are guaranteed 1st gen effects.

25 was released the same date as 2nd gen effects so not 100%.

1-25 is old

Completely off topic but where might I find said cold killer :3

what is off tpoic about my post?

what is off tpoic about my post?

Your post was on topic, I was saying that my post was off topic and I was asking who has the burning cold killer. 

From my experience: 

- unboxed a fetti cotton head from a crate #20

- unboxed an orbiting fire soldered sensei from crate #23

- unboxed a circling peace gilded guard from crate #15

Take that to mean what you will....

Your post was on topic, I was saying that my post was off topic and I was asking who has the burning cold killer. 

oh:D

idk, i just know theres a scorching one it was just a example

oh:D

idk, i just know theres a scorching one it was just a example

I own the scorching one :3 was going to get the burning one too if you knew where it was xD

I own the scorching one :3 was going to get the burning one too if you knew where it was xD

just saw your backpack, i hate you now:D

That tc is amazing, you should try getting another misc to make the effect white(i think you know what i mean:) )

I made a large and comprehensive thread about awhile ago. Would a mod please pin the dman thing. This question gets asked a lot. Thnx.

Archived