Should Valve support competitive play for TF2?

VϟF UnPHOgettable #Sweg

Competitive Play  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Should Valve support competition in TF2?

no they dont...

Depends on what you mean by "support"

They have sites for sign ups. They give you medals for participation. And even give you special items for the top teams.

Well they do, but not in the same fashion as in CS:GO, Dota 2. They hand out medals in each division. I have officially never owned a medal yet but I plan on at least getting one in the future. If they support Competitive there will definitly be some mists of hidden talent in TF2 Players that can rise and be the new Epsilon. Who knows. I would definitly support them choosing to making a competitive side of TF2.

<-- A great idea for steam to consider

They have sites for sign ups. They give you medals for participation. And even give you special items for the top teams.

yeah i guess, bit when you look at dota 2 and cs:go valve could be doin more

yeah i guess, bit when you look at dota 2 and cs:go valve could be doin more

Well what else do you expect them to do? TF2 Competetive is perfectly fine the way it is, no reason to change anything.

Like if you ticked every SPHERE :D

EDIT: What I cant say SPHERE?

EDITEDIT: Why cant I say b ox

Medals.

Charity mix-up

Custom layout for comp (ready and not ready)

valve only does medals, they didnt make the sites or make the layout ugc did or esea or whatever it is. They do not support it nearly as much as dota and cs, thats obvious. and yes i wish there was servers set up in highlander or 6v6 format like there is in the other games.

They dont make the medals they just simply put them in the game and they "support" the sites but dont have much to do with it

Well what else do you expect them to do? TF2 Competetive is perfectly fine the way it is, no reason to change anything.

I think he expects exactly what he just said..."when you look at dota 2 and cs:go valve could be doin more" 

csgo and dota 2 have a competitive lobby matching system on the main menu. people play it more than casual because they are more encouraged to do so, they have stickers for competitive teams, profile cards for competitive players, you can watch live comp matches right on the front menu  (of course they have both been big comp games though but u cant tell me we wouldnt have more people playing comp if there was a menu for it)

Bcoz of da cat.

WHAT ARE YA DOIN' IN MA SWAMP?!?!?!?!???!???!???!?!!??!?!?!?

-shrek slender boss (who should be readded(cuz hes awesome))

I would never even try to sign up for ugc or any other competitive play. I am not really good at the game. Love playing it tho. There would never be chance for me to get near a team to get that spiffy participation pin. They are elite players. A small group that mostly knows eachother. Shit, its hard enough staying in a mvm game and not get kicked because your not doing exactly what some douche thinks you should be.

It would be nice to actually have a larger series of tournaments, with classes, otherwise its just messing around on pubs or servers your a member of.

I would never even try to sign up for ugc or any other competitive play. I am not really good at the game. Love playing it tho. There would never be chance for me to get near a team to get that spiffy participation pin. They are elite players. A small group that mostly knows eachother. Shit, its hard enough staying in a mvm game and not get kicked because your not doing exactly what some douche thinks you should be.

It would be nice to actually have a larger series of tournaments, with classes, otherwise its just messing around on pubs or servers your a member of.

Practice, practice, practice =). Competitive TF2 is amazingly fun, and it goes pretty fast to adapt to.

• Administrators

Haha...I believe you haven't heard what Fiskie did with it?  :P

Yeah sure there are sites like tf2center and such, but has Valve ever offically had its own tournaments for TF2? There's the International for Dota 2, but there isn't really any promotion of competitive play on TF2. Like how Dota 2 and CS:GO have ranked games.

Archived