suggestions with no proof

Klappar

if people see suggestion with no proof, he downvote and get 1 contributor point for nothing.

I think we should block the possibility to make suggestion with no proof and the suggester is get automaticaly wraning said he need proof..

It's been proposed before. It used to be the site had areas for links to be submitted. It didn't help, we just ended up to links of pictures of the hats, links to stats of the hat, links to wikipedia articles...

Better would be to have clearer site rules and guidelines, and that's currently being worked on.

Some suggestions with no proof are accurate and get passed. Your downvote then becomes -1 point. Keep that in mind.

that would just be rewarding for people to make more proofless or lazy suggestions in hope of getting lucky or making someone find proof.

that would just be rewarding for people to make more proofless or lazy suggestions in hope of getting lucky or making someone find proof.

That's exactly something us admins are discussing. However, closin it would be unfair to the suggester.

That's exactly something us admins are discussing. However, closin it would be unfair to the suggester.

not unfair at all. if they don't bother to put in effort they don't deserve the acceptance due to other people putting up proof.

If the other person gathered the proof, the other person should make the new suggestion.

It's not like we have the issue of not being able to put two same range suggestions still.

Or do we.

So you are all saying that someone can't make an accurate suggestion without proof?

Sure they can, but that put's the burden on every voter to do the research.  I know you and I have argued about it in the past, but the way I see it, if everyone just somehow knew that the suggestion was accurate, there would be no need for a price guide.

Archived