New Weapon Ideas: Finding the gaps.

F  CHARLIE

There is always a lot of talk about new weapons being important to tf2.  What I want to see here is which class and slot do you think has something missing.  A weak spot in the loadout that hasn't been addressed.  All of you have a great amount of playing time and should have a really good feel for this.

I for one would like to see another secondary for demo

better secondary for engineer

better option at heavy secondary

Thnx

Can there really be anything better for demo than the stickybomb launcher ? 

I wouldn't mind a better secondary for engineer but the pistol is pretty okay. 

And shotgun is all you really need for a secondary for heavy. 

I would like to see the sg's range increased but slower reaction time outside a narrow sight cone to help balance it out. So the options would be: normal sg with reg range and reg reaction time OR one that can "see" farther but responds to enemies not in front of it much slower.

The axtinguisher should do NO damage underwater or for enemies not on fire.

The fire axe should crit enemies who are not on fire.

Can there really be anything better for demo than the stickybomb launcher ? 

I wouldn't mind a better secondary for engineer but the pistol is pretty okay. 

And shotgun is all you really need for a secondary for heavy. 

I believe he meant just another option, doesn't have to be better than a sticky launcher. Would be interesting though, although I doubt I'd ever not use a sticky

No idea what this would entail, but I want a different construction PDA for the Engie. This has a slot so would it be possible?

Maybe faster build speed and firing speed but less damage on everything? Seems pretty dumb though idk

What I am hearing is that there are no weak spots. Is it possible that no alt weapon is preferred? Maybe the alt weapons have been made too weak. Maybe they should not have nerfed the short cercuit after they buffed it. Players should have been made to adjust to it.

k

K

Maybe something different. Look at the example of the neon annihilate. As mef2fntion in some commentary, it covers a weakness tgat pyro has and that is water combat. Its not a big thing but still. Also, look at the short cercuit. No one would have thought of it but it can give the engineer a good counter to classes other than spy which how the game was supposed to be. I do feel the beggers needs a buff. I would like it to load faster or maybe have one in the chamber so holding it down loads two more.

Maybe look at each class and evaluate them against certain maps to see if they have weak spots on popular maps.

Secondary for Engie: a pistol with excellent accuracy, 6 shots, relatively low fire speed, that crits enemies damaged by your sentry in the last second and minicrits enemies damaged by your sentry in the last 3 seconds. For supplementary fire with a sentry. 

What I am hearing is that there are no weak spots. Is it possible that no alt weapon is preferred? Maybe the alt weapons have been made too weak. Maybe they should not have nerfed the short cercuit after they buffed it. Players should have been made to adjust to it.

to be honest, the Short Circuit didn't need the buff in the first place. I preferred it as a cone-of-fire disintegration tool, it made sticky traps useless and cost even less metal to remove them than it does now. The nerf to ammo collection wasn't needed, but really isn't much more than an annoyance. The real problem is the huge amount of metal it eats up when deflecting many projectiles at once, which was it's original function. They need to remove the -15 metal for each projectile destroyed to put it anywhere near where it used to be (and I don't mean the buff). 

Archived