TF2, Xbox360 Controller

TheVikingLord

Hi guys.

I've just recently got into PC gaming and I was recommended Team Fortress 2 by quite a few people.

Long story short; I downloaded it and played a bit on my laptop, but because of me being new to PC gaming I found the controls quite difficult. I then watched a few videos on how to connect the Xbox360 Controller to TF2 and none of them worked.

The majority of instructions told me to enable a few things in Advanced settings and then to press '¬' and type in exec 360controller.

Does anyone know how to get this working?

( Sorry if it's making no sense )

xbox cuntroller iz 4 scrubz

I totally agree. My laptop is just extremely hard to use because of where my mouse pad is placed. Plus I don't have buttons for the clickers..

If you want to play TF2 with a controller ,, don't. Keyboard and mouse just makes up the best thing ever for FPS .. it would be harder with controller

Get a mouse. I started off using a 360 controller, too. It was okay but I couldn't control my character as smoothly as my friends could with a mouse. So, I switched. With some time, I got used to it and saw how muchbetter and easier it was to access all the commands with a keyboard and mouse as opposed to using a controller. Don't use the trackpad/touchpad/mousepad built into a laptop, that's just misery.

Save the controller for games that are better suited for it, like Hitman.

I totally agree. My laptop is just extremely hard to use because of where my mouse pad is placed. Plus I don't have buttons for the clickers..

Buy a mouse. 

I found the controls quite difficult.

The majority of instructions told me to enable a few things in Advanced settings and then to press '¬' and type in exec 360controller.

Difficult.....Its literally 5 keys (W,A,S,D, space) and two mouse buttons....

Does anyone know how to get this working?

You 'need' a Microsoft wired xbox controller. 

Buy a mouse. 

Difficult.....Its literally 5 keys (W,A,S,D, space) and two mouse buttons....

You 'need' a Microsoft wired xbox controller. 

the difficult bit was about getting his controller working and using a trackpad, not pressing WASD.

I actually just looked into getting an xbox controller im just getting an xbox 360 controller for windows (not getting it for tf2, getting it for batman, assassins creed, might pick of dark souls), not sure how u hook up ur existing. I dont recommend a controller for tf2 the controllers are pretty standard for any fps game and you can switch them around if you really need too, id suggest getting use to pc controls, you will be at a disadvantage if you use xbox controller against keyboard and mouse.

Ive played on a computer since i was like 4 years old so i really dont know how to help you lol besides switching the buttons binds around for comfort.

You need to download drivers? maybe thats what you are missing

If you want to play tf2 with a 360 controller, buy it for the 360.

Tf2 with no hats?

It's like buying a burger only with bread

Archived