Python.

Because killstreak kits

Making things that aren't usually untradable, untradable

Not even sure how people are able to get more than a bud for these items

People actually thinking they can make something off of it

<sigh>

But traders will be idiots and buy them

its really sad...

but really, who is stupid enough to buy them has no place in the trading community so idc if he loses 1bud or more

even tho the ppl who sell them are scumbags and dont deserve to be here either

its really sad...

but really, who is stupid enough to buy them has no place in the trading community so idc if he loses 1bud or more

even tho the ppl who sell them are scumbags and dont deserve to be here either

So much hate.

People can sell whatever the hell they want. If they were able to profit off some glitch in the system, more power to them. If people are really paying 1 earbud+ for these kind of items, then there's obviously a demand for them.

So much hate.

People can sell whatever the hell they want. If they were able to profit off some glitch in the system, more power to them. If people are really paying 1 earbud+ for these kind of items, then there's obviously a demand for them.

Its not a demand, its people being idiots and getting 'tricked' into buying it. 

None of them get any decent offers; all the sales above 1~ buds happen when the seller offers it on every trade he sees until he finds someone stupid enough to take it. 

so according to teird it's okay to profit off exploiting the system; good to know.

loads of big traders knew about this earlier than the masses and have been abusing it. like cranwell's untradable bat outta hell. pretty obvious he did that, and sells it for like 1.5 LOL. i'd do it too

• Administrators

so according to teird it's okay to profit off exploiting the system; good to know.

loads of big traders knew about this earlier than the masses and have been abusing it. like cranwell's untradable bat outta hell. pretty obvious he did that, and sells it for like 1.5 LOL. i'd do it too

Thats what it Look like  :(

• Administrators

So much hate.

Its technically a mere scam, if you think about it. As Awesome said...

Its not a demand, its people being idiots and getting 'tricked' into buying it. 

Its an exploit in the system that people are taking advantage of....And no, there isn't "demand" for it...Its just that people are falling for it and thinking that its actually a rare glitched item. In reality, anybody can create that if you have the right tools.  :ph34r:

Not just Teerid, unfortunately Charity, Davy, Jesus and Queyh due to they liking the comment :(

Are you really surprised, though?  It's funny; we all know people like this exist all throughout the trading community, but often when you say something about it, people act shocked or indignant.

So much hate.

There's not "demand", there's people not knowing how or why there is

They think it's a rare item that can no long be obtained, which isn't true, so they will pay more for it

the price will be the cost of the regular item + the cost of filling the fabricator/the cost of the kit, and no more.

anything above that price is sharking people who aren't informed. i guess that's why people are okay with it, since sharking is okay if you're an already "respected" trader.

i guess that's why people are okay with it, since sharking is okay if you're an already "respected" trader.

Speak for yourself. 

Also, sharking is still better than selling hijacked unusuals. 

lol you own dupes hence you've bought and sold hijacked unusuals. wake up bro, just because you're a few down the list doesn't mean you aren't indirectly helping hijackers profit.

lol you own dupes hence you've bought and sold hijacked unusuals. wake up bro, just because you're a few down the list doesn't mean you aren't indirectly helping hijackers profit.

Theres a big difference between buying off the hijacker and buying off of someone who bought from someone who bought from someone who bought from someone who bought from someone who bought from someone who bought from someone who bought from someone who bought from someone who bought from someone...... 

i never knew i was buying from a hijacker; irrelevant really. you still trade duped unusuals by choice, essentially conforming to the continual abuse of Valve's money printing system that we call duping. the thread is about rare glitched items anyway, keep it on topic

what were some valuable untradeables before this?

This is like reverse sharking. Trying to sell crap with a ribbon on top. Can't believe someone would even pay for this.

And isn't this against TF2OP rules? Someone tell BSoD about this, he will hunt them down. :lol:

This is like reverse sharking. 

And isn't this against TF2OP rules? Someone tell BSoD about this, he will hunt them down. :lol:

I agree with it being sharking as its predicated on a lack of knowledge. And especially so when the seller is claiming that the glitch has been patched (which it hasn't). 

The items don't really have a price, so I'm not sure if it could be sharking based on OP rules (unless of course the seller claims the glitch has been patched).

• Administrators

There's not "demand", there's people not knowing how or why there is

They think it's a rare item that can no long be obtained, which isn't true, so they will pay more for it

Exactly, its like a mere scamming or you could say sharking.  :ph34r:

will there be price suggestions for these?

Haha....No, never.  :P

plLFTVW.png

I sold both this and the bat from random adds from people wanting to buy it.

I might try a genuine weapon next.

I still stand on what I say.

If you were able to find a loophole in a system and make money off it, then congrats. It's up to Valve to dictate whether what you did was right or not, and they have every right to give you a timeout if you overstepped your boundaries. That right shouldn't be up to third party administrators. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the whole basis of irl currency trading? To exploit the system to your benefit (i.e. exchange rates in this case)?

Using your logic, it's reverse sharking to be the originators who sold rare vintages. (I'll high five someone who even knows why rare vintages exist) because they were all user created.

When Valve patches this glitch out, those items will still be in the game. So it's not like buyers are getting ****ed.

Stuff like this is exactly why I'm starting to prefer the CSGO market. These topics don't exist. People just trade and have fun.

Archived