Add "Please only add the seller if you agree to the listed price!" to the front page classifieds

Jymotion

the warning is only visible if you navigate to the classifieds section.  people that might not know the rules may add someone from the front page without seeing the warning.

Have "Willing to negotiate" as a checkbox, and some visual representation of it on the classifieds/main page.

I like this idea

no please. some people are willing to negotiate and I like to add to negotiate.

in which case the message should be removed from the classifieds page.  it should just be consistent.

Though, I love the current simplicity of the classifieds :/

Have "Willing to negotiate" as a checkbox, and some visual representation of it on the classifieds/main page.

While this does make some sense, I don't understand why anyone would use it.

If I put up a listing and say I am willing to negotiate then I am telling everyone they would be stupid to offer me my asking price.

I don't understand anyone wouldn't just list at the price they are willing to sell at and leave it at that.  That is what I do.

I don't understand anyone wouldn't just list at the price they are willing to sell at and leave it at that.  That is what I do.

that's what I like about the classifieds and what I use them for.  If I want offers, I use outpost where people can comment instead of adding me.

When I read this, it seemed like a good idea.

Then I read the following posts and I decided it's not.

If I put up a listing and say I am willing to negotiate then I am telling everyone they would be stupid to offer me my asking price.

To me, a willing to negotiate tag would more indicate that the person is willing to trade for items rather than just selling it for Ref/Keys/Buds.

To me, a willing to negotiate tag would more indicate that the person is willing to trade for items rather than just selling it for Ref/Keys/Buds.

which leads me to believe it is too vague and open to interpretation

• 2 months later...

because people read notes and it's really hard to politely decline people who add and want to haggle.

#problemsnotproblems

because people read notes and it's really hard to politely decline people who add and want to haggle.

#problemsnotproblems

What an odd overreaction.  Obviously it isn't difficult to talk to people.  That was not the basis of my suggestion.  It isn't "really hard" to add one line of already written text either.  The issue is that the classifieds shouldn't be used for haggling. 

The main page for classifieds has a header with one rule, but that one rule is not present for the front page classifieds.  People who only use the front page classifieds have no way of knowing the purpose of them.  I use the classifieds when I have a set price and don't want to have to politely decline three people offering me summer claim tickets.  The classifieds are for passive trading.

Couldn't you say that'd kind of amibiguous though?  For example, 4 ref in items or 4 ref pure?  If I add you to offer a 4 ref item, does that mean I added because I agreed with the price.

Either way, I stand by my original argument. 

Archived