Talk of trading bots...

UGUF Molotov

It's everywhere, and I have a love/hate relationship with them.
I prefer to reward people for selling me their items, but often find myself at 3 am with no sellers online, and turn to buying Tour of Duty tickets from a bot that is consistently on.

Gets me thinking, should I get down on one?
If I did, what would I prioritize on my bot's trades?

Basically I'd like a 24/7 bot to maintain a ref flow of just over 1.5 keys per day.
This would allow for just under one full tour of mvm, each day, without me having to pay for it.

Bot coders:
Are my goals for a bot too ambitious for what most bots will turn?
Could I be setting my goals higher, with a bot from you?
If so, what makes your bots special?

Currently I don't have the time for trading that I once did, much less coding, much less coding for TF2 trading, but I still want to run up to 2-4 mann up missions per day.
I guess I would not mind investing pure in something that can help me from burning so much on ToD tickets every day, that won't require my hyper vigilance be aimed at my steam notifications and friendslist, while I am afk, or on mobile.

Serious responses will be followed up on.

The only decent bots you can buy are scrapbanking and flipping pure (ref/bud/keys) anything else it's going to take time as most bot creators only do this in their spare time and the added on fact that a lot of bot sellers arnt the ones who wrote the code but bought a bot then try to resell it for profit.

Too many people flip pure that it really isnt worth investing imo (1 decent unusual trade would make more money that flipping a few hundred keys) flipping buds can be viable but then you need to follow the market closely which requires time in itself. Also since you wont know coding at all (buying a bot) if there is a exploit on your bot you will lose everything eg scrap.tf once lost a few grand in items due to a exploit.

I recently bought a key bot, and the profits from it aren't as great as I'd hoped. For reference, I just actually started making profit. I paid 4 keys for the bot, and I've had it for a month, and just earned my keys back. Without outpost autobump it's brought a pretty small but steady profit in.

If you're looking to run a bot of your own, I'd recommend Bone. Here's his thread:

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/6735-selling-custom-made-trading-bots-tf2-only/

If you've got the money, I'd look into OCU's Adopt a bot thing they just started. Granted they take a bit of your profit away, but you'd be starting off in a pretty well known group of bots and would probably make the amount you're after. If you're looking for fast profit, this would probably be the way I'd go.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ocuTradeNetwork/discussions/0/540738052249520101/ in case you're interested.

Derp and Grab, thanks for the replies. 
Personal experience is a great reference, as I'm more likely to trust your experiences than the one I'm promised by the person trying to get me to buy their bot. As for pure bots, I am in agreement, and would require a bot with much more diversification if I hope to reach over a key a day, that's for sure.
I imagine a bot with pure, tools/paints, as well as other commonly consumed items, is what I'm looking for.

Also, Grab, the bot adoption thing sounds interesting, but the link you sent does not seem to work.

bots are quite literally taking over the smaller economy. they seem great that you don't have time wasted by children who can't read, but the profit really isn't there imo

Archived