Negative Gravities

MC22

In TF2 a sv_gravity of negative anything gives the conditions that one stays on the ground firmly until once your feet leave the ground (by jump or downwards stairs) you float up until you hit the ceiling.

Is there any gravity model where such conditions are possible?

I wouldn't think so, as any body with mass automatically pulls objects towards it, not pushes them away... If a body was small enough an object could theoretically float, but not automatically be repelled from the surface.

As far as we know, no. But there are certain theories. u can google it

EDIT: I think there is also a scifi novela called "A Tale of Negative Gravity" or smthin like that

I doubt it. Gravity essentially holds our everything together. If it was negative, RIP galaxy, sun, solar system, and the earth would probably push itself apart.

As far as the actual "are such conditions possible"... not in our universe. Gravity is a fundamental property of our matter, and we probably cannot change this. Other universes? Possible, I don't know.

What if normal gravity pushes objects away, but we are the ones with negative gravity?

No, we have defined gravity as pulling. If we change the definition then maybe, but that contradicts the very meaning of gravity.

Archived