Community Unusual Effects?

Curly Brace

Seeing as how Valve plans on adding in community created taunts via the Workshop, I was thinking what it'd be like if we could create our own unusual effects.  Might cut down on the ones that look bad and are common now [aces, presidents, etc].  And if you could add in any kind of effect, what would your idea be?  Personally I'd be interested in an Ethereal Flame, or plain blue flaming effect.

Because new hats all look sooooo good.

Effects, and I know there's tons of new hats that are really shitty.  Mostly wanted to make the tread to see what effects people would want.

4th generation = an unusual trader's hell

I'd like to see, in no particular order:

• Eerie Burning Flames
  • Blood Rain (that one's already in the game files, and I'm sure they can add it someday)
  • Green/Orange Sparks (also in the game files)
  • Sparkles (natch)
  • An effect that spits out musical notes/mathematical symbols
  • A Jarate-themed effect/storm (I'll have one themed Jarate Storm Hard Counter for 10 buds, please)

Also, if it's possible/feasible: paintable effects. But not repeats of old ones, since that would make Green/Purple Confetti and the like useless.

But community unusual effects really shouldn't be introduced for a while, market is still recovering from 3 gen effects.

Might be best to postpone new effects until next year (although not sure about the yearly Halloween effects). 

Eerie Nuts & Bolts. Screw everything else, I just would want that.

Hah, i get it, SCREW everything else...you know because it's nuts and bolts...

But community unusual effects really shouldn't be introduced for a while, market is still recovering from 3 gen effects.

Might be best to postpone new effects until next year (although not sure about the yearly Halloween effects). 

We could possibly give halloween effects a break this year. Maybe christmas effects (or something like that) could replace them?

"Selling my unusual mad scientist cap with circling free to plays effect! Only 4 buds!

Top tier hat!

Top tier effect!

What more could you ask for in an unusual? THEMED! SUPER THEMED! GET IT?!?! Because the mad scientist developed a way to make noobs circle your head so its like this supr awesum thingy themed omg pls add 4 buds quicklsale only clean one on market add now hurry before it gone KTHXBAI!"

Please, no community effects. PLEASE.

4th generation = an unusual trader's hell

I'd like to see, in no particular order:

• Eerie Burning Flames
  • Blood Rain (that one's already in the game files, and I'm sure they can add it someday)
  • Green/Orange Sparks (also in the game files)
  • Sparkles (natch)
  • An effect that spits out musical notes/mathematical symbols
  • A Jarate-themed effect/storm (I'll have one themed Jarate Storm Hard Counter for 10 buds, please)

Also, if it's possible/feasible: paintable effects. But not repeats of old ones, since that would make Green/Purple Confetti and the like useless.

Can't forget about Orbiting Cloudy Moon and Orbiting Cake.

I made a suggestion for Blue Burning Flames called "Aqua-fire" , Because you see its like fire... And aqua.. Is blue :L God I need to get a GF.

Sounds like good idea but tbh valve should't just accept anything easily, or will have like 100 unusual effects soon lol......

eerie flames like poisoned shadows would be unbelievable

I made a suggestion for Blue Burning Flames called "Aqua-fire" , Because you see its like fire... And aqua.. Is blue :L God I need to get a GF.

It is time for two new version flames to be introduced. 4th gen should include these to help create better direct competition fir gen 1 effects.

Archived