Looking for some quick advice

Sakho

I have played TF2 for a while now, collecting stranges, playing pubs etc. I have owned many different stranges and cosmetics but never an unusual so I am looking to buy one. I dont really want to get into trading since i don't really have the time but i would like to know where/how to buy a very cheap unusual. I understand cancer effects and gifted unusuals and all that but after looking through a good few threads i haven't seen somewhere to get a cheap unusual for under 10 keys. I just want to try one for a while so i dont care about the effect or hat or anything, but i only have about 10 keys to spend. So, any advice?

Your only options are planets or smoking dread not.

Thanks for the advice :), i thought id just be ignored since its probably a common question. Where would be the best place to look? The cheapest unusuals on bp.tf is about 12 keys and i cant find anything on bazaar or outpost. Any advice would be appreciated :) 

You could go to the Classifieds on backpack.tf and change the search preference to "Unusual Quality" and then try to find one.

You could go to the Classifieds on backpack.tf and change the search preference to "Unusual Quality" and then try to find one.

Thanks i tried this and the cheapest is a demo hat for 10 keys. I dont really care how 'dirty' or cancerous the hat is, so maybe different sites would be better?

Thanks i tried this and the cheapest is a demo hat for 10 keys. I dont really care how 'dirty' or cancerous the hat is, so maybe different sites would be better?

Its highly unlikely you'll ever see one just listed as most will get bought up relatively quickly since pretty much any unusual can sell for more than 10 keys. Your best shot would be to 1) up your budget and get something decent, 2) just make a trade on outpost/bazaar and wait. 

Its highly unlikely you'll ever see one just listed as most will get bought up relatively quickly since pretty much any unusual can sell for more than 10 keys. Your best shot would be to 1) up your budget and get something decent, 2) just make a trade on outpost/bazaar and wait. 

Thanks, i think ill just wait till i get more keys and just check the classifieds every now and then

Yea, you could just make a trade on tf2outpost and say that you're buying "Quicksell Unusuals" for 10 Keys. It may take some time, but so many people on outpost are doing it.

You can just settle for a treasure hat :)

good looking on all characters and has coins spilling out of it when you move around (Sorta like a unusual effect) and it's around 7-8 keys

good looking on all characters and has coins flying out of it and it's around 7-8 keys

Is that the one you get for supporting the map makers?

good looking on all characters and has coins spilling out of it when you move around (Sorta like a unusual effect) and it's around 7-8 keys

I always thought that it was just a demo hat

I always thought that it was just a demo hat

The bounty hat was popular because of the demo pan, it is a all class hat. Upgraded each time if you participated in the event

the event was basically

>bounty hat (shut chest)

>>treasure hat (open chest, coins spill out)

>>>houwar (Octopus which is obnoxiously large)

Thanks for the advice :), i thought id just be ignored since its probably a common question. 

We are a nice forum, we help each other c:

I'd honestly suggest expanding your budget a little. Just a few more keys will vastly open up your options, both in hats you can get and effects.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived