Gaming Laptop: Budget £1000

Cuttlefish

Decided to go for a gaming laptop instead of a Pc.

I've got these down at £1071 inc VAT

1080p screen, 15.6 inch

I7-4810MQ quad core @ 2.8GHz

8Gb RAM @1600MHz

NVIDIA GeForce GT 870M - 6GB GDDR5 @941MHz

750GB WD scorpio Black SATA - 16mb cache @7200rpm

8x dvd drive

GIGABIT LAN and Wireless intel AC-7260 (867mbps, 802.11AC) + Bluetooth

No OS

Includes delivery, building, warranty, thermal paste,insurance.

Going OTT on anything?

plz buy a pc ._.

ull never carry that thing anywhere besides your table&sometimes bed(even tho bed is hella uncomfy with a laptop + it overheats really fast), you can get a way better pc for the same money :)

I'm getting a GTX 780Ti, 32GB Ram, 4TB, Win 8, 5.2GHz, Gaming PC for £880, it's on sale from £1600 lol.

Also found an acer laptop with similar specs for £1200 on eBay, not much price difference considering the acer laptop is 16GB ram and has 2TB hard drive.

You would get a hella better Desktop PC for the same price compared to the price of that laptop.  When it comes to gaming laptops the performance they give per $ is absolutely terrible when compared to an actual Desktop.  Unless you are absolutely 150% positive you are gonna need the portability for taking it to college and home, or different parent's house's etc ( to different rooms and your bed doesn't count)...., it's always better to get a desktop.

I know I can get a much powerful pc for less but I have no room for a pc, hence why I'm having to buy a laptop ;-;

And I take my current laptop with me to a lot of places so a laptop would probably be best for me. I would love to get a pc but like I said, not got any room, even for a mini-pc

Archived