Why do people gift expensive items?

Ghost1237

I don't understand why people would do it. I see things like burning flames hats that have been gifted, Max Heads that have been gifted, etc. Even if you were giving it to a friend, why would you gift to him and lower the value of it?

Dupe exploit.

Signed by a famous dude nobody even knows.

Gifted for a birthday present.

Gift-A-Pulted.

Gifting when untradeable because they can't wait 5 days.

Dupe exploit.

Gift-A-Pulted.

Hey guys, it's signed by this guy who has over 300 VIEWS on Youtube! So naturally I'm charging 5 buds over!

coz dey have swag and wasting 10 budz is sooo hip yolo. make that random f2p happy so he can have that giftapulted burning gibuzzzzz swag he can show off to his 9 year old friendzzz and then get it scammed for a phlog coz he a n00000b trader m8

coz dey have swag and wasting 10 budz is sooo hip yolo. make that random f2p happy so he can have that giftapulted burning gibuzzzzz swag he can show off to his 9 year old friendzzz and then get it scammed for a phlog coz he a n00000b trader m8

But the Phlog is so pretty :(

Dupe exploit.

Gift-A-Pulted.

Or gifted during smissmas (Explains my Bicorne)

because the instant a noob unboxes something nice, a half dozen backpack.tf premium users add him and offer 2 purple hats for it.

Now what if they used an untradable key? Well the shark just gets it gifted, then clears noob's name by re-wrapping.

When you seek to buy a 30 bud hat for 2 buds, you don't care if its gifted, you care that you get it.

TL;DR gifted expensive items are typically gifted to sharks by noobs.

I gift people stuff for their birthday...I'm usually not original though, unless there's something I know they like. Otherwise its a narcissistic-esque gifted Bear Necessities.

Because giving a gift is about sentimental value, not monetary value. If you give something that expensive to someone they clearly mean enough to you for you to buy them something, so you can safely assume they aren't going to try and profit from it.

Although someone DID once sell a S. F. Scatter I gifted them.. oh well.

Well my friend wanted his Smoking Soldier's Stash to be a surprise when he opened TF2 (since he knew he was getting one, just not when).

I honestly didn't want to but he was so intent on it and I couldn't turn him down.

Mainly from presents, dupe exploit for a while back and sharkers. See a rookie trader unbox an unusual and they cant trade so they give them a wrap to trade as fast as possible in case they find out the real value of their unusual during the waiting period.

Archived