backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

looks like you extracted it inside your downloads folder however you dont seam to have the automatic.js file which should have been included in the archive.

Thanks a lot, fixed that.

Hello.

I do a clean flash of my phone with Google's security updates on the 2nd of every month.

I have heard the arguments about how "dirty" flashing is okay with the recent versions of Android, however the purist in me is hesitant on whether this is truely okay.

I am currently on "hammerhead" Cataclysm 6.0.1, signed 5th January. However, atl4ntis is abandoning the project and will no longer be developing it.

Is it possible for me to "dirty" flash the 1st February stock factory image over Cataclysm and avoid the 1 week escrow?

Otherwise, if I continue the way I have been flashing my phone, I will have 1/4 weeks of every month where I cannot trade.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers.

Addendum: Forget it, I dirty flashed it, then reinstalled SuperSU 2.67 and ElementalX 6.11. It all works fine. No problems so far.

Need some help with auto accepting in automatic. I'm using Steam Desktop Authenticator and get my identity_secret from it. I've wrote it in config.json like that:

"identitySecret": {
			"me": "abcdefgetc"
		},

But program didn't auto accepted trade, just do usual things:

00:01:30 - info: [U:1:783] Incoming offer #111721 from 111511
00:01:31 - trade: [U:1:783] Everything in offer #111721 looks good, accepting
00:01:31 - trade: [U:1:783] Offer #111721 - Asked: 0.11 metal (The Gunboats). Offered: 0.11 metal (Scrap Metal).
00:01:34 - trade: [U:1:783] Offer #111721 successfully accepted; confirmation required

Am i doing something wrong?

Am i doing something wrong?

You don't enter the code directly into the config file. The identity_secret is entered directly into your automatic window as follows:

identity_secret <mysecret>

Hi guys, I ran the bot for the first time 2 hours ago and then set some listings to my backpack.tf, like selling keys for 18.66 refs and buying keys for 18.33 refs. With the script running, I got an offer of someone who wanted to buy one of my keys, but got:

00:44:13 - info: [u:1:183000203] Incoming offer #993475031 from 76561198143265931

00:44:14 - info: [u:1:183000203] No matching listings found for offer #993475031, skipping

Turns out my offer actually matched the price that person was offering (18.66 refs) but the script kinda not recognized it. Why ?

EDIT: Also, how do I know my identity_secret on an iPhone ? Do I have to jailbreak it ?

Hi guys, I ran the bot for the first time 2 hours ago and then set some listings to my backpack.tf, like selling keys for 18.66 refs and buying keys for 18.33 refs. With the script running, I got an offer of someone who wanted to buy one of my keys, but got:

Turns out my offer actually matched the price that person was offering (18.66 refs) but the script kinda not recognized it. Why ?

EDIT: Also, how do I know my identity_secret on an iPhone ? Do I have to jailbreak it ?

Did you create classifieds for all the keys in your inventory? He probably offered for one of the keys that didn't have a listing.

Getting HTTP errors 403 out of the bot. 

Node 5.5

Automatic 1.2.4

An example: Last night the bot accepted a number of offers automatically and then failed 9 consecutive trades with http 403 error overnight.

After restarting the bot, it then went and accepted all the trades which it had previously errored.

I have an issue open at https://bitbucket.org/srabouin/backpack.tf-automatic/overview.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,

My backpack.tf classified listings are stuck at 399 even if i sell an item in my backpack, the listing is not removed, from the classifieds.

Thank You!

Getting HTTP errors 403 out of the bot. 

Node 5.5

Automatic 1.2.4

An example: Last night the bot accepted a number of offers automatically and then failed 9 consecutive trades with http 403 error overnight.

After restarting the bot, it then went and accepted all the trades which it had previously errored.

I have an issue open at https://bitbucket.org/srabouin/backpack.tf-automatic/overview.

Any help would be appreciated.

It always does that for me when I access my phone while my computer is off. When I get back, I then have to restart automatic. 

Also, could you guys re-add the terminal saying the full price, or at least when the person doesn't offer enough? If someone offers me 21 ref, and my price is 1 key + 2 ref, I'd like to know the latter, and not that they didn't offer a required amount of keys

You don't enter the code directly into the config file. The identity_secret is entered directly into your automatic window as follows:

identity_secret <mysecret>

Now i get this:

15:43:24 - trade: [U:1:112119269] Everything in offer #997958686 looks good, accepting
15:43:24 - trade: [U:1:112119269] Offer #997958686 - Asked: 1.44 metal (Handyman's Handle). Offered: 1.44 metal (Refined Metal, Reclaimed Metal, Scrap Metal).
15:43:27 - trade: [U:1:112119269] Offer #997958686 successfully accepted; confirmation required

And i still need to confirm trade manually. I can see in config.json my identity secret. What's wrong?

-snip-

There are a number of reasons the trade isn't confirmed when you enter your identity_secret, most of which I can only assume are bugs.

The most obvious one I can think of is that you need to run "identity_secret <yoursecret>" every time you launch it.

It can also fail to confirm if there was a 403 error at some earlier point.

Yl6Dq.png

Sometimes I get this error. (malformed response) To fix it, I simply restart automatic. This is a problem for me, because every incoming trade has this error, and if I cant get to my computer, I basically have no automatic.

Any update on this?

614rb5Z.png   

in my, I even enabling "identity_secret" for trade confirmations automatically still asks to confirm the trade

nHhPgSm.png

someone has this same error, could help me? thanks!

if you have said something wrong, please forgive me I am rly bad in English "and bad with programs" :P

Backpack automatic is great when it's working and I appreciate the effort in coding it. But PLEASE could we have an update as to the status. There are a number of outstanding problems with it and I haven't seen seen any updates or comments in quite some time. I lose about 4-5 trades every days because backpack automatic does not accept the trade but errors out with an HTTP 403. Will these be looked at?

thanks.

Hello,

Backpack automatic is great when it's working and I appreciate the effort in coding it. But PLEASE could we have an update as to the status. There are a number of outstanding problems with it and I haven't seen seen any updates or comments in quite some time. I lose about 4-5 trades every days because backpack automatic does not accept the trade but errors out with an HTTP 403. Will these be looked at?

thanks.

You are so right, there has been alot of unsolved problems. 

In config.json i have:

"acceptGifts": true,

but gift offers didn't accepted automatically:

17:10:11 - info: [U:1:99439108] Incoming offer #1004486044 from 76561185459704836
17:10:11 - info: [U:1:99439108] Offer #1004486044 is a gift offer, skipping

Is this a bug?

-snip-

This setting only accepts offers including the correct amount of pure AND additional (gift) items.

The offer you received was probably an offer that involved no items on your side of the trade. These don't fall under the acceptGifts setting.

The offer you received was probably an offer that involved no items on your side of the trade. These don't fall under the acceptGifts setting.

That's right. Is there any way to auto accept such offers?

That's right. Is there any way to auto accept such offers?

I don't believe so. Scammers would definitely exploit a feature like this - they could instantly unload all their stolen items into your inventory.

It would definitely be useful for more innocent situations, but probably not worth the complications that come with it.