Unusual proofs

Woifi The Viking

My suggestion would be a feature added to the site that would be similiar to a price suggestion. Whenever you see a deal for a hat, you can add it to unusual deals library. When a user wants to suggest a new price for the unusual he can check out the library for past sales and get additional information for his suggestion.

For example you discover a deal that's within the current range and the price is less than 2 months old. You can't do anything with that information right now but after some weeks it can be quite useful.

How is that different than looking for offers on trading sites?

it would preserve it.  Tougher to find a 2 week old completed trade on outpost

A link, I'm guessing

Yep, that's why I said "similiar like a price suggestion". So you say sold for 7 pure, --> link, item histories, whatever.

• 3 weeks later...

In looking for proofs and finding sales difficult to get. I had an idea. If we happen upon a trade where some unusual's have sold we should post the link here. It should be labeled and dated. After some time we will have a large amount oc information.

Until then we can place it here.  Example:

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/6935876  -  Smoking Tam O  4/26/13

It would also be good if we can continue to edit any post in this thread as other hats will sell from these links.

• 8 months later...

I may have asked for a veriant of this before.  There should be a pinned thread where some traders can link a sale if they either don't want to price suggest for their sold/bought hat or don't feel comfortable doing it.

Isnt this done in the unusual request thread already?

I don't think so.  I am talking about a thread for traders to dump their links and pics.

I don't think so.  I am talking about a thread for traders to dump their links and pics.

Yeah, this should be done in the price request thread. This is where such links have been dumped before.

Yeah, this should be done in the price request thread. This is where such links have been dumped before.

Well some people created a "free rep therad" either here or in the gb where they dumped their links. :P

Well some people created a "free rep therad" either here or in the gb where they dumped their links. :P

Brad needs to promote those links in the Unusual price sheet page, personal backpack viewer and front page. There are many users who never engage the forums but who would place some pics. Those threads should also include links to software like puush etc.

The message needs to be one of a call community contribution to accuracy. Quicksells need to be incubated as well. The names can be covered up to protect the current seller but that is vital information too. Any time a hat transact it would be good to know the transaction occurred.

Brad needs to promote those links in the Unusual price sheet page, personal backpack viewer and front page. There are many users who never engage the forums but who would place some pics. Those threads should also include links to software like puush etc.

The message needs to be one of a call community contribution to accuracy. Quicksells need to be incubated as well. The names can be covered up to protect the current seller but that is vital information too. Any time a hat transact it would be good to know the transaction occurred.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/1176-unusual-proofs/

You already suggested exact the same thing and it was merged with an old thread where I suggested the exact same thing. :P

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/1176-unusual-proofs/

You already suggested exact the same thing and it was merged with an old thread where I suggested the exact same thing. :P

Two dif ideas actually.

Oldest: A thread specifically for links that have closed sales of hats. Typically several hats will be offered in one post. Many times several have sold and generally won't show up in search. Each link would get labeled so someone looking for proof can check it for out of date hats that aren't on the market now but may have been.

Newest: Thread for members who either don't feel confident in suggesting or don't care to do it but have sold a hat recently. I just posted a sale I had for the HWNN as an example.

Two diff threads with the same goal. The second idea emphasizes promoting the link to the many people who use the site resources but never suggest. That would help capture much more information.

Archived