Don't Play GMod

Wooden House

EDIT: Garry Fixed it. 

I just found out, when you're looking at the GMod server list and a server has !!! Behind the name of the server that means that server is infected and do NOT join it.

There's a virus going around on most GMod servers, it puts a .dll file in your source engine and you'll get vac banned. If you do play gmod do NOT get on any servers I already got the infection. Somehow it sends steam msgs to all your friends too saying *cough* and spams them http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TheIdleHouse#announcements/detail/1299595949235593155 . Ill say it again do NOT get on GMod. It's being spread everywhere, the *cough* is actually kind of clever, if you get the "cough" you've been infected. It will send all your friends a msg saying cough, and if you join any servers after you got the cough you are spreading the virus so if you do have it get off, and if you dont have it yet be lucky and get off anyway. It hasn't hit all servers yet most DarkRP and TTT servers have it though.

This is not a joke.

One last thing if a friend sends you a msg saying *cough* I'm not sure that can spread it but I would delete them for the time being just incase.

If you have it already go to this link http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1386818&p=44583860&viewfull=1#post44583860 copy and past this into a text document then save it as a .bat then drop it into steam/steamapps/yourname/common/garrysmod/garrysmod

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G-MOD sucks dung ever since the Gmod 13 patch.

I love gmod, good thing I have to play on an alt account and not my primary because my alt is already vac banned. My primary was banned in that ban wave garry sent out last year.

So whats the point of it spamming messages

I don't know that's just what it does. My alternate account got it from a sandbox server.

Just to clear up any trader's confusion.

Does this "virus" compromise your steam account's inventory at all?

Just to clear up any trader's confusion.

Does this "virus" compromise your steam account's inventory at all?

Well, it sent msgs from my account without me even knowing til a bunch of people replied to the messages that were sent out. So most likely

Well, it sent msgs from my account without me even knowing til a bunch of people replied to the messages that were sent out. So most likely

So, to the traders out there who have this virus, what should they do with their inventorys? Move them to alts?

So, to the traders out there who have this virus, what should they do with their inventorys? Move them to alts?

If you have the virus you will get vac banned most likely, because it's classified as a hack, and hackers get vac banned lol. When you get vac banned your tf2 inv and everything you have is deleted. If you had it and you played tf2 alot yes take your stuff and move it.

If you have the virus you will get vac banned most likely, because it's classified as a hack, and hackers get vac banned lol. When you get vac banned your tf2 inv and everything you have is deleted. If you had it and you played tf2 alot yes take your stuff and move it.

a vac ban doesn't affect your inventory/trade status. 

a vac ban doesn't affect your inventory/trade status. 

When you get vac banned you have your entire inventory deleted, if it doesn't explain that to my alternate account. When I got vac banned on it all my f2p gear was deleted http://steamcommunity.com/id/bigredtuba my inventory is completely empty now.

When you get vac banned you have your entire inventory deleted, if it doesn't explain that to my alternate account. When I got vac banned on it all my f2p gear was deleted http://steamcommunity.com/id/bigredtuba my inventory is completely empty now.

I really can't tell whether you're joking or not....but a vac ban in no way affects trading/items. 

I really can't tell whether you're joking or not....but a vac ban in no way affects trading/items. 

I thought Sanny Wheat had at least some of his inventory emptied due to such a ban?

I thought Sanny Wheat had at least some of his inventory emptied due to such a ban?

Yeah you get your inv deleted when you get vac banned. Its happened to me already, maybe its because I was banned due to something on tf2. Idk.

Not sure who you're talking about, but a vac ban is in no way associated with trading. It may have been the case that he was doing something else and ended up with a trade lock/ban and/or he bought stolen items. But vac bans are 100% separate from any item association. 

Not sure who you're talking about, but a vac ban is in no way associated with trading. It may have been the case that he was doing something else and ended up with a trade lock/ban and/or he bought stolen items. But vac bans are 100% separate from any item association. 

My f2p items were free and they were deleted?

when I say f2p I mean achievement items.

I was on a GMOD server when this started up... I was the first person on the server to start it, but I hadn't joined servers other then that specific one. It hasn't spread any messages to my friends as far as I know. 

Is there any way to find this lua virus on a computer? I'll do a full virus scan ofc, but are there any other safety precautions?

My f2p items were free and they were deleted?

when I say f2p I mean achievement items.

It might be that any item drops get deleted, but I've never heard of someone losing items they traded for due to a vac ban. 

It might be that any item drops get deleted, but I've never heard of someone losing items they traded for due to a vac ban. 

If you go to my alt and search it on bp.tf the same day I got vac banned all my f2p gear got deleted.

Archived