Am I the only one around here, that doesn't get butthurt, when people don't use "your" and "you're" correctly?

Zcrab

Im not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes.

I see quite often, that people complain about people not using "Your" and "You're" correctly(Also they're and their, but mostly your and you're).

English is not even my native languege(although I speak it well), and I can easily understand sentences where theese types of mistakes have been made.

I think english native speakers that complain about it, are dumb. And I neither think that grammar nazi's are very supportive, if you know what the guy mean, then don't correct him, and don't act like you are his english teacher, fucking shut your mouth if you can't tell him anything but correct his grammar!

Your opinions?

I would support grammar Nazi and overly grammar sensitive people if they didnt miss half the point 90 percent of the time.

Ive seen others voice their opinion or ask for help from others and in reply get "you're" instead of a proper reply.

As long as someone's text is understandable im cool with it. It's the internet go somewhere else if you want perfect english :)

I always correct myself when I make that mistake, but yeah, could (for the most part) care less about other peoples grammar (unless it's just absolute crap and the person's native language is English, then it bugs me a little)

Do you get butthurt when people correct you?

I'm about to correct you.

Im

I'm

EDIT: I get especially annoyed when people use apostrophes instead of quotation marks.

Uses for quotation marks ("):

Indicating a quote: "Backpack.tf sucks."

Uses for apostrophes ('):

Indicating posession: Backpack.tf's prices are great!.

Indicating a contraction: Isn't backpack.tf awesome?

Indicating plural form of letters/numbers/abbreviations: A's, 9's, M.D.'s

It's sort of annoying since they have 2 meanings, and one of them is 2 words instead of 1.

You're is just short for "you are", it's an actual word, therefore, it shouldn't be that hard to understand it, I know it requires more than half a brain, but try to do it anyway

Do you get butthurt when people correct you?

I'm about to correct you.

I'm

Don't care, one " ' " ain't going to change my life.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here it goes.

I quite often see that people complain about others not using "your" and "you're" correctly (also "they're" and "their", but mostly "your" and "you're").

English isn't my native language although I speak it very well. I can easily understand sentences where such type of mistakes are being made.

I think english native speakers that complain about it are dumb. I don't think that grammar nazi's are very supportive, if you know what the guy means, then don't correct him, and don't act like you are his english teacher, fucking shut your mouth if you can't do anything else then correcting his/her grammar!

Your opinions?

^Oi mate, wut u think reads best? mine ur yurs? (joke)

If you make faults I'm going to correct you. Instead of being annoyed by it you can look at it from a postive side and you can recognise you made a fault and try to avoid making that same fault the next time.

Also, it's obvious it all depends on the situation, if I'm just chatting with a friend it's obvious I'm not going to write 100% correct grammar.

The commas in your title are unnecessary. Its annoying to read it because it makes me feel like I'm tripping over the sentence in my mind.

Adding random commas, is bad, because it makes you look, uneducated, and is a serious issue, for those trying to read, your title.

^Oi mate, wut u think reads best? mine ur yurs? (joke)

If you make faults I'm going to correct you. Instead of being annoyed by it you can look at it from a postive side and you can recognise you made a fault and try to avoid making that same fault the next time.

It's obvious it all depends on the situation, if I'm just chatting with a friend it's obvious I'm not going to write 100% correct grammar.

The commas in your title are unnecessary. Its annoying to read it because it makes me feel like I'm tripping over the sentence in my mind.Adding random commas, is bad, because it makes you look, uneducated, and is a serious issue, for those trying to read, your title.

Im sorry for thoose mistakes, but I wrote all this on a phone, I would've been correcting it on pc.

And Baloo, there is 1 comma that can be removed.

Damn, some guy once spelt my name like this.

Jam'se

Dafuq? As you can imagine it's James but srsly? Apostrophe before the s AND Jamse? JAMSE?

So your saying it doesn't matter to you, but it matters to me and I'm not a native English speaker.

I sometimes have to reread a sentence to understand it if your using "you're" instead of "your" and vice versa... But I don't correct it, I just find it dumb your doing it wrong. No offense to you're opinion, of course.

P

Damn, some guy once spelt my name like this.

Jam'se

Dafuq? As you can imagine it's James but srsly? Apostrophe before the s AND Jamse? JAMSE?

Yes, if the sentence is totally unreadeble(is that even a word?), then I have no problem people getting confused.

So your saying it doesn't matter to you, but it matters to me and I'm not a native English speaker.

I sometimes have to reread a sentence to understand it if your using "you're" instead of "your" and vice versa... But I don't correct it, I just find it dumb your doing it wrong. No offense to you're opinion, of course.

Yes it's my opinion, I asked for other people's opinion.

I know you can get to reread the sentence, but that makes it take, what 5 secondes more to understand? I had no problem with you making mistakes with your and you're in that post(you obiously did it on purpose).

I only try to defend my opinion

RIP in peace enlish

"Enlish" hehehehheee

And I get annoyed when people type your instead of you're. They are two different words. Maybe they save half second by typing like that

I always correct myself when I make that mistake, but yeah, could (for the most part) care less about other peoples grammar (unless it's just absolute crap and the person's native language is English, then it bugs me a little)

you mean you couldn't care less.

saying "i could care less" literally just means that you care more than nothing. and it could be anywhere from caring a little to caring a lot. if you say, i could not care less, you don't care at all, which is the meaning of the phrase.

ironic given the thread but it's so weird that it's a commonly accepted usage literally means the exact opposite of the pragmatic meaning.

you mean you couldn't care less.

saying "i could care less" literally just means that you care more than nothing. and it could be anywhere from caring a little to caring a lot. if you say, i could not care less, you don't care at all, which is the meaning of the phrase.

ironic given the thread but it's so weird that it's a commonly accepted usage literally means the exact opposite of the pragmatic meaning.

Damn, I thought that was a mistake he made, didn't know it was a commonly made phrase

If you are typing a sentence and you don't know what to put, (your* or you're) just put you are in there and if it sounds right use you're. If it does not sound right use your. Try it.

Archived