For all the people saying that TF2 is dead...

Happysedits

So i am hearing Everywhere, yes, EVERYWHERE that TF2 is super dead, that valve is not caring about the game and noone plays it... wwhhaaat???

Look at players playing it right now!

MxUevqE.png

TF2 is 3rd most played game on steam. Even games like rocket league, GTA 5, Skyrim, COD are less played than TF2!! How is it dead?

Also look at how many people are watching youtubers, the views..

4qVCLF9.png

100 000's of views on Muselk's Jerma's Star's channel.. Thats alot of people!!

Even milions of views on Star's videos!! https://www.youtube.com/user/Niichts/videos?sort=p&flow=grid&view=0

And do you know what there is live TF2 tournament iwth thousands of people watching? http://www.twitch.tv/teamfortresstv

And valve doesnt care, game is dead.. yes of course we just got GIANT update that agve us contracts, skins, new maps, balacing of weapons.. is it still small? We got new cases yesterday and trade-ups! We know that competetive is confimed, because beta pass was added as a item, so some people are beta testing it!! And valve still doesnt update the game?? whaaat??

Whats up with you guys? How it is dead?

i just also saw http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/42232-tf2-feels-like-its-dying/?hl=dead&do=findComment&comment=448766>:C

• Administrators

People have been saying this game is dead or dying for the last 5 years, yet its still one of the 3 most game played on steam all the time. It sometimes reaches 4th/5th but never seen go below that. The thing is, its always in the top 10 game play on steam, so its far from being dead or dying.

People tend to jump on the bandwagon because things change. More hats, different kind of update, different economy, etc...

But we're talking about the tf2 community so it's not like I was expecting people to be rational and look at the facts.

rocket league and gta 5 are fairly recent games, considering tf2 has been out for quite a few years its not a fair comparison, gta 5 reaching half the players tf2 has reached in 8 years (?) in less than half the time would be a comparison i'd take note of

and the tournament isnt something to boast about its the only tf2 tournament getting over 500 views since i55 was super hyped and advertised among the tf2 community while the normal tf2tv games get under 600, magic the gathering gets more views on their tournament and even chicks with big tits playing games they suck at get more views than 5000

look at those top 2 games, csgo and dota, 1.3 million players combined, thats 15-16 times more than tf2

and ark survival evolved came out in june, in 3-4 months it reached the playerbase of tf2. 

its not dead but its certainly not thriving like csgo and dota whose tournaments reach millions of concurrent viewers compared to the 5000 you portray as support its not dead

The player base is not what's dead. It's the economy side of things that's taking a hit right now. Just look at the amount of people who are trying and have cashed out in the past 3 months. The numbers have never been so high. Most everyone wants to move to cs:go trading now. It's just 100x better. I myself was surprised at the amount of people trying to offer me unusuals for my knives looking to get into to csgo. And the offers were not cheap. They didn't mind heavy overpay because they wanted out so bad.

I remember in the old days, you could list an unusual and people were always ready to buy for a decent pure amount and you could usually sell it in about 3-4 days. Now you're lucky to get a good pure offer, let alone unusual overpay. Unless the hat / item is really good and with very high demand, you will be most definitely sitting on for a while unless you discount it or quicksell. Even if you have a crappy cs:go knife, you can easily sell it on the steam market. It's almost a death trap if you have a robo 3rd gen. There are just too many unusuals hats right now.

There will always be people playing Teamfortress 2 as a game. As for tf2 trading, the future is doesn't look promising. If you are not convinced check around, look at the economy 3, 4 years ago, look at it now.

People will always play tf2 but just not as much as other games. Unusual trading is dying fast and has become nothing more than a quicksale simulator.

Saying this game is dead has been going on for years, there is nobody that care about / actively play the game that honestly think it's dead, the player base is gigantic and there are millions worth of items in circulation, it will never die unless valve block off access to launch it.

It will never die, there are too many die-hard fans that won't let it. 

This is why I think the dry spell before Gun Mettle actually STRENGTHENED the TF2 community rather than hurting it, it made the people that really didn't care about the game leave the scene. Most of the remaining players still really cared about the game. 

The player base is not what's dead. It's the economy side of things that's taking a hit right now. Just look at the amount of people who are trying and have cashed out in the past 3 months. The numbers have never been so high. Most everyone wants to move to cs:go trading now. It's just 100x better. I myself was surprised at the amount of people trying to offer me unusuals for my knives looking to get into to csgo. And the offers were not cheap. They didn't mind heavy overpay because they wanted out so bad.

I remember in the old days, you could list an unusual and people were always ready to buy for a decent pure amount and you could usually sell it in about 3-4 days. Now you're lucky to get a good pure offer, let alone unusual overpay. Unless the hat / item is really good and with very high demand, you will be most definitely sitting on for a while unless you discount it or quicksell. Even if you have a crappy cs:go knife, you can easily sell it on the steam market. It's almost a death trap if you have a robo 3rd gen. There are just too many unusuals hats right now.

people exit, but people enter

Who actually cares? As long as valve doesn't announce that they're forgetting TF2 and stopping its updates, there will always be enough players for at least one 24 hour skial dustbowl server. And that's all anyone truly needs

I'm kinda getting tired of seeing this thread posted every single week.

This. Seriously just this.

I mean why did you even make the topic that exists 8 times over?

Contrary to popular belief, comp tf2 is still flourishing. I just signed up for ESEA, and there are at least 20 teams. And UGC has waayy more. 

Contrary to popular belief, comp tf2 is still flourishing. I just signed up for ESEA, and there are at least 20 teams. And UGC has waayy more. 

The thing is when it comes to TF2 comp people compare it to the "actual" competitive scene (i.e. dota, cs:go, LoL) which is much much bigger and has valve backing them up with major updates every competition...etc Compared to tf2 where the comp scene is essentially all community run and the price pool is a few thousand $ and has been like that for years with valve ignoring the tf2 competitive community.

Who actually cares? As long as valve doesn't announce that they're forgetting TF2 and stopping its updates, there will always be enough players for at least one 24 hour skial upward server. And that's all anyone truly needs

ftfy

People who say the game is dying are usually the ones that themselves aren't playing it as they used to. As if they are speaking for everyone when they say the game is dead.

Your interest for the game is dying, not the game itself. New players will come and the game will remain active.

The question isn't why people think TF2 is dying

The real question is why the fuck is football manager so high up on the list, even trumping GTA and GMod

Archived