Why exactly do people dislike 3rd gen unusuals

Wolf the Gent

I honestly can't put my head around it, I think they look fantastic. I own a Terror-watt uberstermann and I find it to be one of the best hats ever! Aces High looks nice too, Cloud 9 is awesome too. And who doesn't like Disco Beat Down/Miami Lights?

its just because they have been mass unboxed compared to other effects, for some reason valve allowed 3rd gen effects to be unboxed through a giant series of crates compared to the other 2 meaning theyre common on the market

The effects arent too bad but its more personal preference. people would rather take a hat with plasma coming out of it rather than a few poker cards orbiting the hat

Really? I see them from miles

You like them, we get it. That's your opinion and that's fine.

We don't like them. Get it. That's our opinion and that's fine.

I find now that the values have gone down, the hate has subsided quite a bit.  Don't get me wrong, I'd still avoid aces/dead pres like the plague, but I've started to take a chance on DBD hats here and there and actually received pretty decent offers for the most part.   

A lot of the effects are so damned ugly to me and also how there are so many being unboxed from new tf2 players getting lucky

Miami Nights

THIS! ITS NIGHTS! NOT LIGHTS! FINALLY SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS ME ;_;

On topic:

1st Gens are brighter, and cleaner looking. Tbh i dont mind thirds THAT much, but 1st and halloween op

You like them, we get it. That's your opinion and that's fine.

We don't like them. Get it. That's our opinion and that's fine.

Don't need to be an ass about it, Jesus.

Eh, personally, I feel like everyone hates them because everyone hates them. I see it as more of a bandwagon trend than actual hate for the effects

Most of those look pretty cheap.

> the Watts are just a mess of lines looking like drawn by 3 year olds.

> Miami Nights is just dirty thin colors dancing around in an awful pattern.

> Disco Beat Down is like a completely blurred and mixed up Miami Nights with lightning balls coming from it.

> Aces High is just pretty ugly... honestly, who wants poorly animated cards flying around his hat.

> Dead Presidents is like Aces High, only even more boring colored.

> Cloud 9... I actually like it.

Most of those look pretty cheap.

> the Watts are just a mess of lines looking like drawn by 3 year olds.

> Miami Nights is just dirty thin colors dancing around in an awful pattern.

> Disco Beat Down is like a completely blurred and mixed up Miami Nights with lightning balls coming from it.

> Aces High is just pretty ugly... honestly, who wants poorly animated cards flying around his hat.

> Dead Presidents is like Aces High, only even more boring colored.

> Cloud 9... I actually like it.

Cloud nine is just bland. If it has the same bright pink as circling heart, I would like it more.

How dare you even hate on DBD?

As others said, it's mostly about visibility and flair. That's why the most popular effects are all the sniper bait ones (scorching, burning, etc.). Most 3rd gens simply don't look striking enough. If an effect is hard to notice, there isn't much point to putting it on your hat that is designed to show off. The one time I saw C9 in-game it looked terrible; the hearts were really faded and hard to notice. Most 3rd gen effects have similar problems

Archived