Well, looks like we have now two "cursed" Burning Team Captains.

rafiozol

The title of this thread is not accurate anymore.

Rock into Mordor, known in this community for unboxing an unusual Team Captain with Burning Flames decided to trade it for "cursed" one + some genuines.

FoG report on previous owner of original "cursed hat" is Under Investigation.

Will Rock be marked? Time will show.

http://backpack.tf/item/388225931 - http://www.tf2outpost.com/item/440,3855706909,378,5

http://backpack.tf/item/3357047182 - http://www.tf2outpost.com/item/440,3357047182,378,5

uwU0QmJ.png

EDIT: Bob made a reddit post about it.

EDIT #2: Looks like Redâ„¢ had Rock's hat for a while.

More info: Redâ„¢ has DarkWarrior on his friend list since ~June 17, 2015, 20:08:58 GMT (readded him on ~June 21, 2015, 17:12:06 GMT) and removed again (June 22, 2015, 14:15:30 GMT)

Most likely DarkWarrior traded his new TC to Redâ„¢. We don't know where is the hat.

EDIT #3: Thanks Debra for making FoG report.

EDIT #4: DarkWarrior tried to get rid of  "cursed" Burning TC through trade offers. Rock probably accepted one of them. (more proof) (another one)

EDIT #5: Thanks again Debra for making another FoG report.

If you are interested in purchasing clean Burning TC that won't make you marked on SteamRep, go there.

EDIT #6: Apparently Rock was "scammed" or more like tricked into accepting bad deal. (Thanks Bob)

EDIT #7: Official FoG statement.

EDIT #8: Clean Level 35 Burning Team Captain reappeared in PP7's inventory.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There must have been some cash involved too right? That's the only way my brain get this trade to make sence.

if there were only those items... Why would he do that?

Sorry if im not into the whole ritual of things on these items but whats this "cursed team captain"? Why is it cursed?

if there were only those items... Why would he do that?

Either he's an idiot and doesn't realize how bad the "cursed" tc is, or he just doesn't care about trading and wants to get some cool genuines before he totally wrecks his steamrep.

Since he doesn't care about trading, why not take some $$ + another tc for your?

Not the best answer, but the only thing that comes to my mind. It, being cursed, doesn't lower quality of effect or anything. Before SR noone would give a fuck even.

There must have been some cash involved too right? 

Since he doesn't care about trading, why not take some $$ + another tc for your?

Not the best answer, but the only thing that comes to my mind. It, being cursed, doesn't lower quality of effect or anything. Before SR noone would give a fuck even.

I'm willing to bet he got tricked somehow. He doesn't seem the type to check item histories (unless hopefully one of the three high-tier traders in his friends list have taught him a few things by now)?

almost[b/][i/]

And this merits how?

"Almost" because it's not literally automated.

The first few owners of the hat were actually scammers. At some point it started getting traded to clean people, who're now getting banned for trading with marked people.

"Almost" because it's not literally automated.

The first few owners of the hat were actually scammers. At some point it started getting traded to clean people, who're now getting banned for trading with marked people.

Well what story do u think might have been with this? And if whatever the story would it be, would it be anything that wouldnt get him banned?

Well what story do u think might have been with this? And if whatever the story would it be, would it be anything that wouldnt get him banned?

I don't know, I honestly don't.

We'll have to wait and see.

I don't know, I honestly don't.

We'll have to wait and see.

Well that sucks. Inb4 this gets on the yeetoobs.

(Retro I know you are watching)

Sorry if im not into the whole ritual of things on these items but whats this "cursed team captain"? Why is it cursed?

It was originally a scammed Burning TC but eventually passed down to users who just really wanted the hat bought them for decent prices however all newer owners will be marked by steamrep for trading with a "scammer"

Mattie (TC collector) has mentioned a few times that normally steamrep wont ban people for trading with marked scammers who have traded with a marked scammer who have ...etc (i.e. marks wont be passed on indefinitely) but every new owner of that TC has be marked without question.

I'm glad someone else noticed this. The previous owner of the duped Burning TC was sending trade offers to various traders over the past couple days. I got one yesterday morning. My guess is that Rock just happened to be the person that accepted the random offer, which is remarkable and sad.

I'm glad someone else noticed this. The previous owner of the duped Burning TC was sending trade offers to various traders over the past couple days. I got one yesterday morning. My guess is that Rock just happened to be the person that accepted the random offer, which is remarkable and sad.

screenshot please

found some proof from his sr report, thanks for the info.

screenshot please

mi1izo.jpg

29du78p.jpg

FBI posted similar offers sent to him on the previous owner's SR report.

EDIT: You ninja edited, but there you go anyway.

I'm digging into this a bit more, and it's getting weird.

inb4 he didn't know about the curse of level 3 TC and oooh yeah free items.

EDIT: You ninja edited, but there you go anyway.

nice arcana casemaker btw

Archived