Does a community define the quality of a game?

Pilobacon

Not really, the quality of a game's community and the quality of the game itself are two different things.

Although, if the game's multiplayer only then yes, the community's behaviour can have a positive or negative impact in your experience

Community plays a large role in how a game is defined in terms of quality, more specifically in games centered around multiplayer.

However you can have a good game with an absolutely awful community, like most MOBAs. Except league because the community is shit and so is the game

You can also have a game that is bad but has a good community that you may enjoy being around and because of that put up with the poor quality of the game, the game is not suddenly good because of the community but it does make you keep playing.

Yes in 2 ways.

1. It directly affects your experience when playing the game.

2. If there is a larger community, that means that, in general, the game was a pretty good success.

If the game is a success, it is lesslikely to be abandoned by it's developers.

If the game is a success, it is lesslikely to be abandoned by it's developers.

Yeah, repeat this when you'll see amount of updates world of warcraft gets. I mean, really useful updates and not a shitty selfie camera.

Yes and no.

If the game is incredibly amazing that the community could be made up of so much cancer it doesn't matter. 

Yes. DayZ in theory, is an awesome game. But the community's "kill on sight lel rekt fgt im a b@ndi1!!" attitude ruined it. 

If you're evaluating the game based on how it functions as a game, then community plays little to no role determining its quality.

If you're evaluating the game based on user experience, then community can influence the game's quality, usually more influential on multiplayer based games and less influential on single-player games.

If you're evaluating the game based on its community, then you need to re-evaluate the game from a different point of view obviously community will be your determining factor.

Overall, community can influence the quality of a game, but you need to evaluate the game from multiple viewpoints (user experience, as a game, etc.) before coming to an ultimate conclusion on the game's quality.

Yeah, repeat this when you'll see amount of updates world of warcraft gets. I mean, really useful updates and not a shitty selfie camera.

WoW lost around 3 million subscribers in a 3 month period, people are seriously unhappy with the lack of decent content for endgame players, and people are likely still annoyed at the horrible Warlords launch.

No. CSGO is shitty community full of russians and the game is still great

Csgo casual has the best people they all think I'm funny and I get like 1 add per game idk if u guys in euro or something but I've never met a russian

Csgo casual has the best people they all think I'm funny and I get like 1 add per game idk if u guys in euro or something but I've never met a russian

Comp's community is so much worse than casual's

It depends if the game is multiplayer 'cause i personally like fnaf but the community is just so... Retarded to say the least. But if it is a multiplayer game then the people you play with kinda changes you experience of the game.

Comp's community is so much worse than casual's

True I've only met like 2 or 3 people I'm friends with on comp but still like I said no Russians for me. The only time I've thought "fuck the people here" is when I play Zoo because its just a bunch of idiot kids that want to be dank meme gods.

There's games like Tactical Intervention, that are laughably bad, but the community accepts this and decides to have fun with it so you end up having a great time in a shitty game.

So maybe it doesn't influence the quality, but it could influence your replayability. 

I believe it can. A game with what is considered to be a good community can make you enjoy yourself more.

• 2 weeks later...

well as we all know tf2 community sucks but its a great game where you get people kicked for no apparent reason.

Archived