Do you fear death/illness?

Brian.

Just some deep thinking over here.

Lately I've been fearing death or not knowing I have cancer or anything on those lines.

I created this just to ask whether you guys have these feelings.

Yes. I do. even though i am not even 21, i still fear it. they are one of my fears. When you have lost someone very close to you, you develop this kind of fear.

I spend a lot of time thinking of how my life could end at any second, but I accept that is how it is and I cant change that. Death doesnt scare me, illness is sp00ky stuff tho

Yes sometimes, lots of family members died of cancer and I wouldn't be surprised if I have / get it too in a later stadium of life and I just don't want to die, because there is one person in particular who needs me

"I would rather die a meaningful death than live a meaningless life." 

-Corazon Aquino

I think about it sometimes, yes. But mostly, I think more about life than I do of death. Like what's happening, or what's maybe going to happen, rather than thinking of what will inevitably happen anyway, no matter what.

Really, the fear of death is a fear of the inevitable. Everyone's gonna die, so there's no reason not to accept it. Illness is, in a way, a different story, because that could actually make life worse for you. However, death is a matter that is entirely one sided. You're going to die, you might as well accept it. Hell, I haven't even reached my 20s yet and I've already accepted death as something that's going to happen to me sooner or later.

I fear dying without accomplishing what I've wanted to accomplished. I fear being diagnosed with a painful or uncomfortable disease; my mother has a disease that makes her joints and such become in extreme pain, as well as makes her bones thin. I'm scared of being diagnosed with that.

It's mainly not a fear of death itself, more of when and how. One of the hardest things to do in life is accept your mortality. For example, when I was about 8 years old, my dad took me and my brother fishing. There was a 10ft tall ledge. My dad said that he would catch us at the bottom. My brother jumped to my dad. Me being the idiot I was at the time, I jumped by myself and landed face first onto the ground. I remember being in intense pain before I blacked out. Next thing I knew, I woke up in a hospital with patches on my face. My dad also said that I was a few inches away from landing on a metal spike that was sticking out of the ground. I was very lucky to be alive. Saddest part is, I never got to go fishing. No one knows how they will go out yet they expect it to be quick and mostly painless. Truth is, you can go out at anytime and in anyway.

Its not that one should fear death, but rather, one should fear a wasted life.

Don't spends your hours on fruitless acts of dishumanly conduct, what is portrayed in the news today of mass killings, rapes, and horrific acts against other people can show unstable and psychologically insecure people, or simply wasted lives.

Fear death when your life has meaning to it, don't waste a life when death is inevitable.

Just some deep thinking over here.

Lately I've been fearing death or not knowing I have cancer or anything on those lines.

I created this just to ask whether you guys have these feelings.

I fear death, you wouldn't be human if you didn't.

The trick is to live your life to the fullest before you die. NO REGRETS

Everyone truly fears death, if you were on your death bed bleeding out your last thoughts would be of what you should have done before you died, that you wish you could've done.

I don't believe someone would be in the hospital; told they had a day to live and couldn't leave the bed or they'd die within the minute, and they wouldn't cry or be saddened they can't go skydiving with an old friend again, or kiss their loved one goodbye, or even apologize to an ex for being a terrible partner. There's always more to look forward to in life.

When I was becoming an agnostic (for other reasons) I began suffering from anxiety attacks that originated from a fear of death. It's a component of the depression I have had for three years and has been very difficult recovering from it. I take antidepressants every day. My best advice is try to find something meaningful to do that has nothing to do with your own self interest. A rational intelligent being needs meaning beyond subsistance.

Archived