how often do u get a free gift?

Orange Cat

Not like the wiki is always accurate. I checked Dota 2 wiki yesterday and Shadow Shaman's Ult was renamed Monkey Butts. Ward damage? Nope, fart damage.

Trusting wiki's is bad m'kay

Yeah, I am pretty sure that they changed the interval between gift drops to be longer this year.  It sucks 'cause the spells aren't tradeable, which means you have to keep trying and hope that you get the one you actually wanted.

3 hours is honestly crippling, I mean 48 minutes was actually playable, now people are just going to join a Halloween event server every 3 hours or so, get the bloody gift, and wait another 3 hours, so honestly, Volvo is kind of being a Deutschebag. But, then again, people were/still are mass farming the halloween items, lol, watch Volvo change it to a 24 hour limit, next year. (So basically one haunted gift per day)

Also the wiki is outdated, that was last years waiting time. (48 min~)

3 hours is honestly crippling, I mean 48 minutes was actually playable, now people are just going to join a Halloween event server every 3 hours or so, get the bloody gift, and wait another 3 hours

I was going to do that anyway.  They just made it so that I have to wait longer before I open tf2 and join a server to get my drop.

Volvo is kind of being a Deutschebag.

How dare you sully the proud name of german-...

oh wait.  :mellow:  carry on. :(

it would just encourage farming

If they make drops occur every 3 hours, that massively slows down farming to begin with. Making them not tradeable encourages more farming and more alts since you're not guaranteed the stuff you want. I'm looking for 10+ spectrals and 5+ exorcisms. Chances are, at these rates, I'm not going to get half of that.

If people farmed tradeable spells to try and make profit, a bunch of other people probably would do so and keep prices competitive. Not much harm in that imo. I'm hoping valve patches them once the "current" Halloween map arrives

If they make drops occur every 3 hours, that massively slows down farming to begin with. Making them not tradeable encourages more farming and more alts since you're not guaranteed the stuff you want.

If they're not tradeable, what is the point of using alt accounts to farm them?  Think this through.

If they're not tradeable, what is the point of using alt accounts to farm them?  Think this through.

You could trade your items to the alts. If the spells are untradeable, logically you just move the items

I did think it through LOOL

Edit: may have to make the alts premium, but that's a small price for some to pay

Thanks valve!  I waited 3+ hours to get a gift drop, and what happens?  When I grab the gift, NOTHING!  I get nothing.  And I don't even get a second chance either.  So apparently now I have to wait another 3 hours.  Great system.  Fantastic.

Ugh.

You could trade your items to the alts. If the spells are untradeable, logically you just move the items

I did think it through LOOL

Edit: may have to make the alts premium, but that's a small price for some to pay

making the alt accounts premium is pointless BECAUSE THE SPELLS CANNOT BE TRADED

>_<

Welp, you saw what Volvo did to the idling system? I remember those times where you can hoard up items and achievement_idle, while doing fuck all, but then Volvo decided to patch this flaw, like over 9000 years later after the game was released, now you have to constantly look @ your notifications and accept some silly pop up that limits your drops (ie, you have to accept your pending notification, which never shows up for me, I usually resort to clicking the esc button after a death or something, to get further drops, which results in idling being useless, now, almost as much as farming halloween loot, is at the moment, with the 3 hour cooldowns)

I'm pretty sure Volvo will either restrict these 'gift' to once per day/week, or remove them all together, and stuff all the loot you can get from them into 'limited time event' crates, next year or the following year?

Welp, you saw what Volvo did to the idling system? I remember those times where you can hoard up items and achievement_idle, while doing fuck all, but then Volvo decided to patch this flaw, like over 9000 years later after the game was released, now you have to constantly look @ your notifications and accept some silly pop up that limits your drops (ie, you have to accept your pending notification, which never shows up for me, I usually resort to clicking the esc button after a death or something, to get further drops, which results in idling being useless, now, almost as much as farming halloween loot, is at the moment, with the 3 hour cooldowns)

I'm pretty sure Volvo will either restrict these 'gift' to once per day/week, or remove them all together, and stuff all the loot you can get from them into 'limited time event' crates, next year or the following year?

I wonder if they fucked with the drop system this year precisely because they intend to put the shit into crates.  I guess we'll see.

I wonder if they fucked with the drop system this year precisely because they intend to put the shit into crates.  I guess we'll see.

Imagine, they pull the same crap they did with the limited summer crates? (Referring to the not so good loot you get from it and the only unusual you can get was a Thrist Blood, which like nobody gives a shit about, literally)

making the alt accounts premium is pointless BECAUSE THE SPELLS CANNOT BE TRADED

>_<

You're still not getting it

You trade your stuff to the alts. Hats Weps etc. You spell those items on the alts that have whatever good spells you want. You trade back the items with spells on them. Has nothing to do with trying to trade the untradeable spells: just put them on your items and trade them back. Valve is promoting people making a ton of alts, farming on them, and doing all this item swapping just to get the spells you want.

Archived