Scotland Referendum Tomorrow -- Yay or Nay?

wallywalrus_

Yay or Nay  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Yay or Nay

• Vote No To Independence
    • Vote Yes To Independence

The Scots will be voting tomorrow to seperate from the United Kingdom or remain part.

What do you think is the best for Scotland in the future?

It looks like the polls are going to the Vote Yes side to Scottish independence

As a scot...

The reason for the referendum is because we want more power. The UK are offering more power to the scots as a compromise, if the end vote is no.

Postives:

-We can make our own choices, good for business and finance etc.

-Free education and free universities

Negatives:

-No military

-Stuff goes down with foreign policies

Sum up:

Difficult in the short term. Good benefits if shit goes well in the long term.

I think the end vote will be a no because the scots want power, and that is what the UK is offering for scotland to stay as part of the united kingdom.(the United Kingdom is a powerful country, and if they get smaller, they lose power. People with power will do everything they can to keep power)

As a scot...

The reason for the referendum is because we want more power. The UK are offering more power to the scots as a compromise, if the end vote is no.

Postives:

-We can make our own choices, good for business and finance etc.

-Free education and free universities

Negatives:

-No military

-Stuff goes down with foreign policies

Sum up:

Difficult in the short term. Good benefits if shit goes well in the long term.

I think the end vote will be a no because the scots want power, and that is what the UK is offering for scotland to stay as part of the united kingdom.(the United Kingdom is a powerful country, and if they get smaller, they lose power. People with power will do everything they can to keep power)

I'm a quarter Scottish, living in canada now. I see that the Scots want to be like Canada, still part of the British Commonwealth, but be their own country to celebrate their culture and what not. I agree with the long term, it will be good, once all the drastic things and changes are finished with in the short term. If Scotland does vote yes, david cameron is going to be known and the PM who lost Scotland, a very bad mark with his reputation.

edit;

it's the economy that makes me lean to the no side. Trade with the rest of the UK, where Scotland's majority of exports go to and imports come from will be bent around, twisted and made harder. The british pound aswell, it's a very strong currency will not be used by Scotland.

and when it comes to separation and dividing the goods, who gets the north sea oil and gas? what about the queen? the british pound?

and when it comes to separation and dividing the goods, who gets the north sea oil and gas? what about the queen? the british pound?

I'm pretty sure the north sea oil and gas go to scotland. It is a reason why david cameron wants to keep scotland in the uk

the queen still rules? over scotland? idk how to put in words, but it is the same way as canada and other parts of the commonwealth are under her command? control? still cant think of the word.

The new currency to be used is still being discussed, but the united kingdom is still allowing scotland to use the pound.(but there is scottish pounds tho)

i hope they vote no because the uncertainty around infrastructure change in all the areas people have already mentioned is so great and the yes campaign have had 0 detail on how it's actually going to be implemented beyond idealistic promises of a fairer society.

in the long term, i hope the SNP sorts out a reasonable proposition and timetable and then i'm all for scottish independence.

Scotland's obviously just doing this because I'm moving to Wales tomorrow so they have no reason to be friends with England anymore <3

All jokes aside, I have a niggling worry that the Scots are voting out of patriotism and not out of, well, logic.
If Braveheart gets shown at any point between now and the referendum, it needs to be counter-balanced by showing Trainspotting immediately after :P

That and the Scot's proposal regarding a currency union is, and I quote, 'preposterous.'

More power to you if you do get your independence (literally), but I hope to god you guys have thought it through.

Scotland's obviously just doing this because I'm moving to Wales tomorrow so they have no reason to be friends with England anymore <3

All jokes aside, I have a niggling worry that the Scots are voting out of patriotism and not out of, well, logic.

If Braveheart gets shown at any point between now and the referendum, it needs to be counter-balanced by showing Trainspotting immediately after :P

That and the Scot's proposal regarding a currency union is, and I quote, 'preposterous.'

More power to you if you do get your independence (literally), but I hope to god you guys have thought it through.

I would prefer scotland to stay in the united kingdom. i agree with the patriotism. -.-' its strong in scotland

So the radiated banana is a 14-year old scot who was living in China and recently moved to indonesia. Interesting life story.

Wat.

In some ways this is a result of the economic stress and uncertainty the world is expierience. It is bad decision to de-unionize our nations states as this creates barriers for growth both economically and culturaly. That said, British parliament committed the same error we state that the Iraqi government did. It failed to be inclusive/sensetive enough of the concerns of this minority group as to produce this referendum. Vote no. You are Scotland along with Wales and Britain you the Unted Kingdom with a shared history and a global standing that is outstanding. Seperate, you are like Ireland, Belgium, Lichtenstein or Iceland. A minor european state that is cute but lacks influence.

In some ways this is a result of the economic stress and uncertainty the world is expierience. It is bad decision to de-unionize our nations states as this creates barriers for growth both economically and culturaly. That said, British parliament committed the same error we state that the Iraqi government did. It failed to be inclusive/sensetive enough of the concerns of this minority group as to produce this referendum. Vote no. You are Scotland along with Wales and Britain you the Unted Kingdom with a shared history and a global standing that is outstanding. Seperate, you are like Ireland, Belgium, Lichtenstein or Iceland. A minor european state that is cute but lacks influence.

See, this is the problem.

United, the UK holds influence.

Separate, England will still continue to hold influence as they have always done, but Scotland..?

Think of it like when the Soviet Union split up. Russia's still a powerhouse, but does anyone on the international circuit give a damn about what Yugoslavia thinks?

If Scotland goes independent I can see them begging to rejoin the UK within 5 years. Salmond is full of promises he knows he can't keep.

Separate, England will still continue to hold influence as they have always done, but Scotland..?

Think of it like when the Soviet Union split up. Russia's still a powerhouse, but does anyone on the international circuit give a damn about what Yugoslavia thinks?

Yugoslavia broke before the SU...?

I think we agree, right?

Yugoslavia ceased to exist on June 3 2006.

SU - December 26 1991.

Am I missing something?

Yes. Yugoslavia as a nation broke away from the Soviet before the Soviet broke apart entirely in 1990.

But this is off-topic, as usual people are picking more at the face-value of my analogies rather than what they actually mean.

Wat.

You said in numerous threads that you were 14, in the status with the Burning TC on Baidu that you lived in china before, and in the thread "Singapore" you said you recently moved to Indonesia. Either you have a really interesting life or you got to learn to lie better.

You said in numerous threads that you were 14, in the status with the Burning TC on Baidu that you lived in china before, and in the thread "Singapore" you said you recently moved to Indonesia. Either you have a really interesting life or you got to learn to lie better.

*insert big lie about being a 16 year old girl here*

Archived