Good GPU?

SirSkelly

Im looking to upgrade my GPU. I mostly play TF2 and Minecraft. My current one is an Intel HD Graphics, so ya... My price ranges will probably be around 50$. Any help is appreciated!!!

Im looking to upgrade my GPU. I mostly play TF2 and Minecraft. My current one is an Intel HD Graphics, so ya... My price ranges will probably be around 50$. Any help is appreciated!!!

Don't bother unless you can step up to something in the $100-$150 range. Anything less is just junk. 

(Worst) R7 260X, R7 265, GTX750 Ti, R9 270 (Best)

For 50 bucks you won't get anything better than your intel graphics.

If you step up to around 110 bucks you can get a 750 which will be a nice upgrade, but anything below that is just a waste of money.

maybe take a look at used graphics cards which go for a bit lower, but you'd probably have to pay over 50 bucks anyway.

edit: ninija'd

For 50 bucks you won't get anything better than your intel graphics.

If you step up to around 110 bucks you can get a 750 which will be a nice upgrade, but anything below that is just a waste of money.

maybe take a look at used graphics cards which go for a bit lower, but you'd probably have to pay over 50 bucks anyway.

----------------------

edit: ninija'd

Well, something like a R7 240 is superior to HD2000, but thats besides the point. sub $50 gpus are still crap and not worth the money. 

;) 

Well, something like a R7 240 is superior to HD2000, but thats besides the point. sub $50 gpus are still crap and not worth the money. 

;)

Let's hope he atleast has something with intel hd3000.

Let's hope he atleast has something with intel hd3000.

He has an i3 2120, which is HD2000 

Where would be the best place to buy GPUs? 

Newegg, NCIX, Amazon, Tiger Direct

Newegg/Amazon are usually the best in the US, with purchases made through Newegg being exempt from taxes (if you're NOT in California, New Jersey, or Tennessee). 

What everyone above said, you really can't get a good GPU for your money until you enter the $100 and above range.

That being said, the 650 Ti and Radeon 7850 are probably the best midrange cards I've ever had. Go for the newer versions of those cards and you won't be disappointed.

If you bump your budget to 70$, you can get a GT 730, which isn't half bad for the price since you only play TF2 and Minecraft.

still a piece of crap, an R7 260 will beat a 730 for about the same price. 

Hes selling it for 80$ but I can probably get it for less, would that be a good price? :3

80 is overpriced as hell, 60 would be fair for both of you.

80 is overpriced as hell, 60 would be fair for both of you.

I wouldn't say it's that overpriced...A 650Ti is a decent bit better than an R7 260x--which is like $110 new. But, I would try to get him down.  

What manufacturer is his card? And is it still working perfectly (why is he selling it)? 

One thing to keep in mind, buying a new card will mean you will likely get at least one free game...So, if you would've potentially bought that game....than buying a new card might be cheaper than buying a used card. 

I wouldn't say it's that overpriced...A 650Ti is a decent bit better than an R7 260x--which is like $110 new. But, I would try to get him down.  

What manufacturer is his card? And is it still working perfectly (why is he selling it)? 

One thing to keep in mind, buying a new card will mean you will likely get at least one free game...So, if you would've potentially bought that game....than buying a new card might be cheaper than buying a used card. 

Hes selling it becuase he got a better one, and as for the games, I saw them, and Im not very interested.

(Ill ask him what brand)

I wouldn't say it's that overpriced... 

A 650Ti is a decent bit better than an R7 260x--which is like $75 new. 

you can get a new 650ti for 95 bucks, 15 bucks cheaper is surely considered as overprice for a used card.

Archived