ALS Ice Bucket Nonsense

Zefrom

Pour freezing cold water all over you, hmmm?

1. It's supposed to raise awareness of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis,which is an incurable neurological disease, so basically we are doing this to raise awareness and donate for research to find a cure, not for fun or promotional activities.

Steve-O criticize it http://imgur.com/FZknf4n (picture by 9GAG), Steve-O may seems like the non-serious daredevil but some of his acts are somewhat "meaningful"

Back on topic, so many celebrities think it's for fun and the main purpose is fading away

2: It may lead to adverse health effects on participants, think about it. One bag of ice, I mean who uses 1 bag of ice. That's really a lot of ice. That's extremely cold so it doesn't seem illogical

3: Waste of water. One pail of water is about around a liter and a half. And imagine how many people are doing the challenge, around many hundreds (including the fails), so we just wasted at least 150 liters of water. (At least). Imagine we can use that water in a more meaningful way like giving to areas that have no access to water or use it to produce crops

Ice bucket challenge was started to raise awareness about ALS and it should end the same. Spread this around to your friends or families to make them think thrice about the doing the challenge

#LuvBillGates

THERE ARE SMART PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD!

Not to mention the WEST USA has lost over over 60 trillion gallons of water from a drought.

THERE ARE SMART PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD!

Not to mention the WEST USA has lost over over 60 trillion gallons of water from a drought.

Uh ok then

It's for a just cause. I see no problem.

From a cause becomes a promotional activity and a small factor to change the Earth's percentage of fresh water and the physical structure of the human body and the chances of it adapting to such a fking puny factor

(I should go to college at 14 years old)

Basically, celebrities are not fully helping with the cause as they are just randomly doing the challenge for fun and entertainment to the viewers (exception of Bill Gates)

From a cause becomes a promotional activity and a small factor to change the Earth's percentage of fresh water and the physical structure of the human body and the chances of it adapting to such a fking puny factor

(I should go to college at 14 years old)

Basically, celebrities are not fully helping with the cause as they are just randomly doing the challenge for fun and entertainment to the viewers (exception of Bill Gates)

inb4 then why are we wasting more water? I wouldn't say they wasted the water, I would rather say they used it. We use a lot of water every year from taking a shower, flushing your toilet and spilling them. It wouldn't make a difference, that waters just going to evaporate and come back to your faucet. Some did the challenge in their yards meaning they just watered their grass, none wasted. And remember not all places in the world has clean faucet water, it's undrinkable and only used for bathing, watering plants, feeding pets, and cleaning. 

"ASL" is still there. Pretty sure people will search what ASL is or ask some friends that knows. They were challenged to do it, you know how the society works if you decline a challenge. 

Like I said this was done for something rather than nothing. Using something that can be returned is fine than something that you can only use once.

It's not really a big deal.

Yes it is wasteful, and that's the only real criticism I can make of it.  It takes energy to make the ice and to process the water that ends up being dumped on the ground.

It's working.  It's raising money and it's spreading awareness.  This is a good thing.

Yes it is wasteful, and that's the only real criticism I can make of it.  It takes energy to make the ice and to process the water that ends up being dumped on the ground.

It's working.  It's raising money and it's spreading awareness.  This is a good thing.

More money could be raised, although it's working to an extent. The health effects will affect us all

It's raised about 40 million dollars so far, you can't ignore that.

The only place I'd worry about it is places like California right now that are in a state of drought, seems a bit wasteful then.

Not reading the other comments.

My opinion: Fuck it. Raise money. Neat.

Celebrities: Donate $10 or more and have a dumb fuck video that shows they care.

Cool celebrities: Donate a lot of money, and make a short "hi this is for ALS sploosh obamaplsdoit"

Exceptions: Foo Fighters and Game Grumps.

kUop6pT.gif

It's a good cause. There was a video where ALS victims said they appreciated the amount of challenges and donations they get to help.

2: It may lead to adverse health effects on participants, think about it. One bag of ice, I mean who uses 1 bag of ice. That's really a lot of ice. That's extremely cold so it doesn't seem illogical

3: Waste of water. One pail of water is about around a liter and a half. And imagine how many people are doing the challenge, around many hundreds (including the fails), so we just wasted at least 150 liters of water. (At least). Imagine we can use that water in a more meaningful way like giving to areas that have no access to water or use it to produce crops

2: If you're close to death or pregnant or have some serious health issue, it is obvious you shouldn't do it. I did it because I know I'm very healthy and was able to without consequence.

3: Don't shower. Don't fill up your swimming pool. Save all your water so you can give it away. You can give that water away to people who need it or to produce crops. We waste more water bathing than we do doing a little challenge. We waste water all the time, some more useful than the others, but it's still going to waste.

Compared to what we normally do with water, the little ice bucket challenge doesn't really add any weight to it.

Well... I feel that as long as people are donating money after doing it, to both support and raise awareness to deal with this illness, than it is fine. But if they are just doing it because 'OH LOL A NEW CHALLENGE I MUST POST IT 4 MAH FRIENDS LOLS' than they don't deserve recognition for being a part of this 'challenge'.

It's like people who go to protests, not because they feel strongly about what they are protesting over, but just to show people: "Hey look at me look at me! I'm doing something in my community! I'm standing up for something!" Pathetic.

inb4 then why are we wasting more water? I wouldn't say they wasted the water, I would rather say they used it. We use a lot of water every year from taking a shower, flushing your toilet and spilling them. It wouldn't make a difference, that waters just going to evaporate and come back to your faucet. Some did the challenge in their yards meaning they just watered their grass, none wasted. And remember not all places in the world has clean faucet water, it's undrinkable and only used for bathing, watering plants, feeding pets, and cleaning. 

"ASL" is still there. Pretty sure people will search what ASL is or ask some friends that knows. They were challenged to do it, you know how the society works if you decline a challenge. 

Like I said this was done for something rather than nothing. Using something that can be returned is fine than something that you can only use once.

It's not really a big deal.

Every single person who has done the challenge has done nothing more than that. Nobody has donated money at all, not 1 penny has been recieved because nobody has gotten a link for the site. All we're doing is losing water for pointless reasons. You had to of given money to donate....

You can't 'waste' water. That's a crucial misunderstanding of how water works, as I believe Grimes alluded to.

Besides, name another charity that raised 8.6 million dollars in one day. Oh wait, you can't.

The Ice Bucket Challenge is working. Whether it's for the right reasons or not doesn't matter.

I have no real problem if they do the challenge to help raise awareness about ALS; The charity has raised a great amount from it, so there is definitely some good coming from it. The problem I have lies with those who do the challenge, challenge others to do the same but leave no mention of the purpose of it or don't bring up ALS at all; if you read many of the comments left on ice bucket vids, many of the people who watch are too lazy to read the descriptions and don't even know that this is for a charity.

And as for the people doing the ice bucket challange during the drought in the western part of the USA, they could just do what these guys did

You can't 'waste' water. That's a crucial misunderstanding of how water works, as I believe Grimes alluded to.

Besides, name another charity that raised 8.6 million dollars in one day. Oh wait, you can't.

The Ice Bucket Challenge is working. Whether it's for the right reasons or not doesn't matter.

With falsifying that they're raising millions of $? That's false advertising.

That or you're too cynical to acknowledge it?

1. Stats were shown, no money was made.

2. Nobody donated because nobody recieved a link as to where to donate money.

3. You can't donate money unless you give money which nobody did.

Archived